crank but no start - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#16 Old 12-13-2010, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it is getting pretty consistent. and always the same. i need to do more trouble shooting. its a minor issue at this point. as it seems to always start 2nd time. but it is a bummer as if i ever get the remote start installed. i need this figured out!

2006 Murano S AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-15-2010, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
I have been looking at the dash lights and when the key is in but the ign off. the little car symbol led flashes. this i am assuming is the security light?
The red car symbol with the key in the center? Does it stay on or flicker while your cranking it and not starting or does it just come on for a sec when in ACC mode like its doing a bulb check? If its staying on during cranking and not starting up, then its a security problem.

Another thing the VQ35 is common for is camshaft position sensors going bad. They should set a code but sometimes these are a two-trip logic and require the problem to occur twice or more times consecutively before setting a code.

Unfortunately its gonna be difficult for us to diagnose your problem since we're not physically there. You may need to take it to a profession, im sure a competent nissan dealer may be able to diagnose the problem.

Izzy - MY PANDORA BODYKIT FOR SALE
04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
#18 Old 12-17-2010, 02:26 PM

Just so you know if the security doesn't sense the key it will still crank but not start. I had this issue when I first got my Murano, no valet key. When it arrived, and they programmed it, one of my other keys stopped working. I just happened to have both with me so thats how I figured it out. I don't think it throws any code when this is the case, it just cranks over and wont start. Thats how I remember it anyway, was a long time ago.
When you get the remote start your gonna have to mount one key permanently in the murano in the steering column, for sure I would have a second key before I do that.
#19 Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folgersoldier View Post
When you get the remote start your gonna have to mount one key permanently in the murano in the steering column, for sure I would have a second key before I do that.
actually I wont. I have the CANMAX400 bypass module that reads the CANBUS codes when the key is inserted and then when the remote start is used, it just spits the same code back onto the canbus. no key in a box needed. plus the CANMAX also controls door locks, windows, security stuff a whole list of stuff you no longer need to wire for. makes installation 100 times easier!

BUT, I do need another key. just ZERO $$ right now to do so.

2006 Murano S AWD
#20 Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 PM

I have been watching for the security light now. and of course it wont not start now that i am watching LOL! but i do see the light flash for a quick second when starting normally and turning the key past ACC. so next time it wont start. hopefully i will observe something.

Zc

2006 Murano S AWD
#21 Old 12-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Super Senior Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Disconnect all the remote start stuff and put that circuit back to stock...

'07 SE black/black, Everything but OEM NAV
Magellan Roadmate 1700 7" in dash with OEM backup camera/ factory displays
Valentine One
GROM IPOD/USB/AUX audio interface with Bluetooth

Former owner:
'03 SL
#22 Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 AM

I haven't even put IN the remote start stuff

2006 Murano S AWD
#23 Old 12-18-2010, 11:45 AM

I'll have to look into that Canmax thing sounds pretty cool. My info is obviously outdated. As far as the camshaft position sensor mine went out and you had to keep the starter cranked for like 4 seconds and it would start off the other sensor. It did throw a code though. If you look on the right side of your engine its a green plug just below the rear valve cover. My valve cover had developed a leak right there and coated the plug. I ended up haveing to replace it as cleaning it would not fix it. PITA disconnecting it let me know if you have to take it out, you put a 10 or 12 mm socket on your finger and have to push in on the clip to release it. Anyhow its something to check.
#24 Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM

My 2007 SL @ 46000km just quit today, crank forever but no start after running flawlessly right up until midnight last night Towed it to my dealer and they've confirmed the fuel pump has failed. It's covered under the extended warranty I bought on delivery and they've already given me a loaner until it's fixed. Annoying yes, but zero cost to me at least, including the tow.
#25 Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Just FYI, it was a bad battery that was causing this issue. it must have been weak. It stranded me a few months ago in -20deg weather. replaced the battery. never had the issue again!

2006 Murano S AWD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: