front grill on 2005 mo - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
front grill on 2005 mo

I have an 05 murano and the plastic is peeling off the front grill. Is anyone else having the same problem and nissan covering this under warrenty. Its over 5yrs as july was its sale date Instead of a bug guard it has the clear plastic wrap. Its doing a good job everywere else but the grill looks crappy. J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Several members have reported bubbling and peeling of the chrome on the grille.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/6...weather-7.html

Bubbles in grill (04 SL)

Unfortunately, after five years I think you have little or no recourse with the dealer.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
post #3 of 14 Old 12-05-2010, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
I have an 05 murano and the plastic is peeling off the front grill. Is anyone else having the same problem and Nissan covering this under warranty. Its over 5yrs as July was its sale date Instead of a bug guard it has the clear plastic wrap. Its doing a good job everywhere else but the grill looks crappy. J

I have a 05 with 93000 on it and the grill looks bad and peeling and the drivers side of of the seat leather has cracked. I also had a the muffler coupling replaced and both front struts (under warranty leaking) That is about it extended warranty covered most issues. It is over in a month.
Nissen will not cover the grill

Service is really bad at most Dealers. I can not believe how bad. I am a tech and these dealers break and damage so many things on my car and every time I go back and show them and fix something, They damage something else. Love the car BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU GO

MO-one-2005 With a Custom Fiberglass Box In The Tire well ,Directed Audio Amps, Mono 800 Watt And A 75x4 Amp.Sirius Radio,Pioneer Component Speakers, K-40 front and rear radar unit, Keep MOing around

MO-Two-2011- in Merlot and Black Inside with Nav. Have all my gear from the other one and will go into the new one soon. HIDs coming next week. The new one is just GREAT. 10/29/11
post #4 of 14 Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
I hear ya. Im a nissan tech myself so i hate hearing stuff like this. Im guilty of occasionally damaging something accidentaly but im always honest enough to fix it or replace it as should any honest tech should. Where are you a tech at?

But at 90k miles i wouldn't imagine hardly anything being covered under warranty especially a grille. The chrome is cheap and mine was peeling off around 30k so i replaced it under warranty.

Offtopic: Will the later first gen grille with the smoothed/rounded edges bolt right onto an earlier first gen with the boxy grille?

Izzy - MY PANDORA BODYKIT FOR SALE
04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
post #5 of 14 Old 12-05-2010, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbizzy View Post
I hear ya. Im a nissan tech myself so i hate hearing stuff like this. Im guilty of occasionally damaging something accidentaly but im always honest enough to fix it or replace it as should any honest tech should. Where are you a tech at?

But at 90k miles i wouldn't imagine hardly anything being covered under warranty especially a grille. The chrome is cheap and mine was peeling off around 30k so i replaced it under warranty.

Offtopic: Will the later first gen grille with the smoothed/rounded edges bolt right onto an earlier first gen with the boxy grille?
I was a tech many years ago, and this nissan dealer always breaks stuff and damages things. I was wondering I have 3 weeks left on my extended warranty and the idle drops real low sometimes NO code is on yet what do you think it is.o2 sensors or what can i do to show them it does not happen often Thank You

MO-one-2005 With a Custom Fiberglass Box In The Tire well ,Directed Audio Amps, Mono 800 Watt And A 75x4 Amp.Sirius Radio,Pioneer Component Speakers, K-40 front and rear radar unit, Keep MOing around

MO-Two-2011- in Merlot and Black Inside with Nav. Have all my gear from the other one and will go into the new one soon. HIDs coming next week. The new one is just GREAT. 10/29/11
post #6 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 04:05 AM

O2 sensors wouldn't have anything to do with your idle. Your throttlebody might be coked up and need cleaning plus resetting your idle air volume learn. You have no code now but you might get a P0507 soon Idle Speed Control.

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
post #7 of 14 Old 12-07-2010, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Cosmetic things like the grill can be easily replaced used. Check Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and see all of the used grills. They're not that expensive.

Mine bubbled on one small part of the drivers side. I basically popped the bubble and removed the chrome. It hasn't moved but I have planned to strip all the chrome off the grill and have it painted. Then I want to put that chrome mesh stuff behind it. Should look good!

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 AM

Does anyone know the answer to my question? Will the later 1st gen grilles fit on the earlier 1st gens?

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
post #9 of 14 Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbizzy View Post
Does anyone know the answer to my question? Will the later 1st gen grilles fit on the earlier 1st gens?
I don't know of any member who has done that. But from the looks of it I think they will fit. The only difference in the front end parts of early and late first generation MO is the bumper and I don't believe grill installs into the bumper so it should fit.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
post #10 of 14 Old 12-10-2010, 12:46 AM

On the later 1st gen grilles, i've seen some appear a sorta darkish chrome look but sometimes i've seen just regular chrome. Are there different shades of chrome on the later 1st gen grilles?

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
post #11 of 14 Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There is a black chrome and a standard chrome. I have seen the black chrome on ebay in the past. I have not done the conversion yet, but I recall some members saying that there are some minor connection differences between the 03-05s and the 06-07s. It was my understanding that you may need to add some additional holes in the newer model by drilling them out.

Due to our harsh winters (aka - sand blasting) here in New England, I plan to wait until the spring to attempt this install.

2014 Midnight Garnet AWD SL w/SmartStart

SOLD - 05 Merlot AWD S w/Convenience Package, Tow Package, Sirius Radio

Upgrades:
- OEM Homelink Mirror, Tweeters, FOG (on with parklight)
- 2007 OEM Chrome HVAC Knobs, Alum. Rear Protector, Wheels
- Alum. Pedals & LED Lights in Vents

For Sale:
- OEM Xenon HID Headlights (LT & RT)
post #12 of 14 Old 12-10-2010, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EDIT: I was wrong, it seems to be the 06-07 grille after all. Smoked Chrome Grille

Patrick

2006 SL AWD - Platinum
post #13 of 14 Old 12-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
There are also aftermarket grilles which have a more "Infiniti" look to them...might be an attractive alternative.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #14 of 14 Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Thanks. Yeah i really like the black chrome grille since ill be going with glossy black wheels.

Got any pics of these other grilles, pilgrim? I havent seen any i really like come in the shop except for one i saw but forget to snap a pic. It was an upper and matching lower grille that were horizontal lines.

04 Murano SE
05 Colorado ZQ8
85 Mustang SVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: