Nissan Murano Forum banner

MO liftgate problem and the best solution

18K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mozo1 
#1 ·
Finally, the best solution to a rattling and an unsecured MO trunk (liftgate).

I had this kind of' stupid issue with my 2006 MO trunk door that won't close firmly. Last night I kind of' got pissed off of it. So, I started troubleshooting. I found the striker bolts tightened to nothing. And no access to reach from below as you guys experienced this before. So, I guessed the nuts still there inside. And was thinking if I can reach to it and reattach it to the striker bolts it would be great. I looked around me for something I can insert through the bolt hole. I found a hexagon plastic stick. I sticked it inside searching for the nuts which it turned out later to be a metal plate with threads. I Inserted the stick inside one of the holes and it held to the plate well. Then, I pulled it up as the pictures show.

From the moment I stick that plastic stick until tightening the nuts it took me around two min. It was very easy, clean and got it like it was before. And don't forget it costs me $0.

Good luck,

PS: Notice that I put super-glue to hold the bolts tight at least for a while.

PS 2: Sorry for the poor English, I did my best.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:29: Nice job!

I suggest Thread Locker (instead of super glue) to keep the screws from loosening.

-njjoe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.