User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 07-02-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Door lock help please

Door locks
I've been having a problem with my doors not locking from the remote or the door lock inside. Sometimes it works and and sometimes not. Before this the trunk wouldn't unlock but every other door would. It's on my 05 murano sl. Anyone think they know what problem is or what I should do?some kind of battery or lock motor bad or what. Very weak when locking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Try changing the battery in your remote. That doesn't address the door lock inside, but it's a start. I'd also try locking/unlocking multiple times in case something is binding - maybe that will free it up.

If no success, start tracking what specific doors/hatch do and do not lock - that will give you a place to start looking. Finding the pattern of failure is always a big help in diagnosis.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#3 Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Yea I tried locking/unlocking it doesn't work. I don't think it locks any of the doors
And sometimes it does. More often than not it doesn't lock
#4 Old 07-04-2011, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Its the door lock actuator. My driver side won't lock in the summer via fob or power lock botton but when the cold comes in, somehow it works again. All other doors works on mine though. Have not dealt with it yet still. Just got used to manually pushing the lock tab before closing the driver door--and the old fashion key in the hole turning action to open.
#5 Old 07-18-2011, 05:57 PM

So Is there only one actuator for all four doors? It seems like the locks aren't getting enough power to push the locks closed. But it unlocks fine sometimes. No clue??
#6 Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrorida View Post
So Is there only one actuator for all four doors? It seems like the locks aren't getting enough power to push the locks closed. But it unlocks fine sometimes. No clue??
I had the same issue with my murano and it is also an 05 SL.

I replaced the drivers door lock actuator as a starting place and what a nightmare that ended up being. Soon as I installed the new lock actuator I realized why it had failed. It would lock itself immediately. Soon as I hit unlock it locked itself no matter how many times I unlocked it. Granted you could unplug the window switch and it worked fine!@!!!! go figure!!!!

So i thought it must be a ground issue and traced the ground wire from the window switch and noticed nothing was wrong with it...... I replaced the switch no luck! Only thing i have not done is replace the SMJ or the Door wiring harness which might be the culprit, but wiring harness is unreal!!! and so vehicle specific you really have no choice but to buy from the dealer. I am so frustrated with this thing I wish someone would buy it everyday!!!!
#7 Old 08-11-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm soo sick of this car. My stupid hatch wouldn't open all day. And I'm sick of the damn doors not locking. I feel like I have an old car with manual locks. I'm about to sell my murano and get something else. Please somebody help me!!!! Or else I will blow it up
#8 Old 08-11-2011, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Change the driver side door lock actuator. See if it fixes the rest. A member needed to change almost all of his door lock actuator. Maybe your rear hatch door got some rust in them also--could add to the issue. I still have not done anything to my driver side door lock actuator. I am afraid that if I change it after a few months the same thing will happen. I am also lazy opening up the door panel...I know I'll break a clip or two.
#9 Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 AM

I finally got the trunk open, I had to open locks on all four doors for trunk to open. So replace drivers door actuator? How much r they? Part number??
#10 Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM

Murano hell

I have a 2005 SL that I bought new. The lock problem started with one rear door in 2007 or so, it was off and on. Then both rear doors would intermittently respond to the fob. Then the passenger-side door joined the game.

Now, the trunk. It was great when I would come out of the market with a ton of groceries only to find out my trunk didn't want to open. Now it's been locked shut for a couple months. It was genius (sarcasm) of Nissan to not have a key/manual unlocking mechanism. You can't even crawl back there and open it from the inside!!

So, my fiance installed a new LOCK ACTUATOR in one of the rear doors after doing some research and poking around. It works good as new. Bad news, that's going to have to be the fix for all of the doors and trunk and one costs over $200. I believe the trunk is even more $$.
#11 Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=gypsy724;181966]It was genius (sarcasm) of Nissan to not have a key/manual unlocking mechanism. You can't even crawl back there and open it from the inside!!

There's always a manual way to open the automatic doors. Insert key in driver's door... turn in on right (towards back of the car) two times... and your trunk will open. To lock, insert key in driver's door... turn it on left (towards front of the car) one time... and your trunk will close.
#12 Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 AM

The trunk does have a Manual release. Thats what the access panel in the center bottom portion of the panel is for. To manually release the lock, when it fails.
#13 Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 AM

OEM nissan door actuator is pretty expensive... even if on ebay.
#14 Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 PM

Talking Door Lock Problem Solved !!!!!!!!!!

The problem is the Door lock actuators and when I went to the dealer they want $467.90 to fix just my driver's side door, but after almost having a heart-attack from the dealer's estimate, I checked on ebay and found a Kit to fix the door lock for only $59 so i ordered one kit (shipping was super fast) it came with very easy instructions on how to install the kit, so I installed it today in under 1HR and now everything is Back to normal, I can unlock/Lock using my key fob and also using the power switch on the door, just like it used to... !!!! here is a link of the kit that I purchased. The seller is green-seller1975 and item #290874559127

Nissan Murano Door Power Locks Actuator Motor Door Lock Motor Repair Kit Fix | eBay
#15 Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 PM

Awesome I'm going to order this! The passenger side door on my 2004 Nissan murano sl doesn't respond to the key fob or the driver side electrical unlock button I have to manually reach across and unlock it with my hand. What a POS car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: