problems with steering wheel radio control - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
problems with steering wheel radio control

Hi I bought a 2005 murano and have problems with the steering wheel radio control, anyone know the correct procedure to diagnose, also has problems with central locking two doors, anyone know the procedure to check the locks. Thanks ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum!

In regards to your steering wheel audio controls, you're probably going to have to order new buttons. I bought my 04 MO from CarMax since they have a guarantee that fixes broken stuff on vehicles for 30 days after it's bought. I found that my steering wheel audio buttons wern't working that well either. When I pushed up/down on the volume button it would work sometimes. Same with the lower audio button as well. They ultimately had to replace the whole button assembly. Entails having to basically take the steering wheel apart to get to them.

In regards to your controller only opening 2 doors, you probably have either loose connections in the lock actuators or bad units inside each door. Have to get that one looked at.

Good luck!

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#3 Old 10-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Hi, I too have had this problem. There is a ribbon in the centre of your steering wheel behind the airbag, which controls your'e cruise control, radio and horn, as well as a number of other things.
It sounds like it is faulty.
Hope this is of use to you.
#4 Old 11-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Thanks Warhammer and SSK444, with steering wheel audio controls i don´t think that the problem stay in the Ribbon, because the cruise control work property, i will try to replace the whole button assembly. Somebody have idea about the correct step to disassembly the steering wheel to probe the radio controls?

Thanks for your help!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: