Nissan Murano Forum banner

Drivers seat uneven, but it's not broken

7K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  JayS 
#1 ·
Drivers seat uneven, but it's not broken (Edit, yeah, it's broken)

Ok, so this is a strange one. Hopped in the wife's Murano this week and felt like I was leaning to the left a bit. I noticed the edge of the seat was nearly flush with the side pillar panel so I checked the passengers side seat and saw it had a much larger gap. Shaking the seat side to side though it had very little play.

Immediately I figured I had the dreaded broken seat bracket. I pulled the front panel off and between looking from the front and the back I could see that all 4 brackets were fully intact. I even had the wife sit in the seat and rock back and forth to confirm the brackets were fine.

Next I lowered the seat all the way and this is where it got interesting. When the left side of the cushion bottomed out (the side that was sitting lower) the higher right side kept going down until it was level with the left side. When I hit the button to bring the seat straight back up the right side would go about about 3/4" before the left side would start moving, after which they would move up in unison until the right side reached it's max, at which point if I held the up button the left side would mostly catch up.

Looking closer I found one of the cross bars was disconnected, the one circled in red. I thought for sure I had found the problem but even after reconnecting it the seat is still not level. I'm stumped at this point.

See less See more
#4 ·
Pulling the seat with the frame on it is easy, and only takes a few minutes. Removing the frame from the seat is a substantial project. I hope you can avoid that.

#5 ·
Well I guess I didn't look close enough. Seat frame was broken, normal spot. Oddly it had some black fabric wrapped around where it broke which is why I didn't notice it at first. Pulled the seat last night and dropped it off at a welding shop this morning. Said he'd have it done by this afternoon.

#7 ·
Shop just called, all ready to be picked up. $30 repair. :)

I've had these guys weld a boat trailer and sent a buddy there for a snowmobile frame repair and both times I was really happy with their work. Hopefully this will be the only time the seat frame fails.

For any other WNYers who might find this thread in the future...
Don's Welding on Transit in Depew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.