Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 71 Old 05-16-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoSV View Post
I let them check the problems and they found nothing wrong.
They found nothing wrong? Did they drive it and not feel your bump steer, or did they find nothing wrong with the visual inspection?

2009 LE AWD Merlot
Loaded w/ NAV 20" rims
post #48 of 71 Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A technician drove my car in the lot with me and I tried to explain the problem but fail to find the right road surface with pothole and bumps to pass at speed. He seems to understand my concerns at that time and said would check it later. What I got in the paper was that "Visual inspection of front end - no damage". I don't know he drove my car again later or not.
I don't know what to say to these guys at Willowdale Nissan.

2011 Murano SV AWD Canadian Spec.
- Carbon Silver / Black
- DDM 5k HID Conversion
- 1080p Dash Cam./ Vehicle Recorder
- DIY 5-LED Running Lights
- Factory Rubber Floor Mats
- Bosch Windshield Blades
post #49 of 71 Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have to get on the highway or a road over 45 mph. Find bumps that only hit one wheel or offset both wheels. I literally had shocks go bad in less than a week (brand new). Both leaking almost immediately after I got them installed.

On a side note I did some research on possibly installing the shocks from the crosscabriolet. Found out that they have the same mount points and supporting parts as the regular murano. I assume they are a little stronger due to the convertible top and the weight of that in the back. So if people really get tired of replacing the same terrible factory shocks, the one from the crosscabriolet should be a direct fit option. Just may notice a stiffer ride in the rear. I also suggested to the tech that if the car was lowered, if that would offset the stiff ride of the CC shocks to give the murano a more 'loaded' feel. I think that it would help as an alternate shock on a lowered Murano.
post #50 of 71 Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by griesmonkey View Post
Have to get on the highway or a road over 45 mph. Find bumps that only hit one wheel or offset both wheels.
BINGO! Bumps or potholes for me.

And I do believe this is entirely a REAR problem. Ever since I set my own Toe in the rear, I am no longer experiencing the bump steer.

2009 LE AWD Merlot
Loaded w/ NAV 20" rims
post #51 of 71 Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

I have finally convinced my service dept that my bumpsteer is caused by "failing/fatigued" rear coil springs. With that, I then had to convice my 3rd party extended warranty company that they were bad and causing this problem and they have agreed to cover them. The spring should arrive in a week, and I will update the reusts.

2009 LE AWD Merlot
Loaded w/ NAV 20" rims
post #52 of 71 Old 12-03-2012, 03:32 PM

Well that's good that a failing spring can cause shocks to go out quicker and has been diagnosed.

On a side note, H&R is still in R&D with the 09+ model spring sets. Hopefully theirs will be a solution to, what seems to be, a common problem.
post #53 of 71 Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Got the springs in stalled, and the ride is over an inch higher and feels firmer, BUT... sucks because bumpsteer is still there! I give up.

2009 LE AWD Merlot
Loaded w/ NAV 20" rims
post #54 of 71 Old 12-24-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokey777 View Post
Got the springs in stalled, and the ride is over an inch higher and feels firmer, BUT... sucks because bumpsteer is still there! I give up.
maybe it's time to trade?

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

post #55 of 71 Old 12-26-2012, 10:59 AM

I would like a less firm ride at this point if "bump steer" was gone. I think the back is too light for the design of the rear suspension. The springs/shocks are loaded enough to dampen properly. Springs rates are too high.
post #56 of 71 Old 09-19-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
My brand new 2014 does the same...Tires are inflated to 33 PSI. It feels like I'm back in the '70's when a solid rear axle was the norm! Or back in the '80's when front wheel drive became popular with a semi-independent rear axle (torsion beam) almost extinct today even on the most basic vehicle. I like the idea of going slightly off the spec for the rear alignment. Any updates as to tire wear or other issues?

'14 SL Pearl White.Hood deflector, beige rubber floor mats, ss rear bumper protector. Curt hitch. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers . Chrome rear license frame. Lower a/c rad aluminium diamond mesh grille. Round adjustable wide angle blind spot mirror driver's side. Cargo protector (2 36"X55" brown carpet). Soundproofed. Cargo net. LED front parking & doors, cargo, fogs, backup. Bosch Icon & winter wipers w/springs. Seat covers. HL Alenza.
post #57 of 71 Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
My brand new 2014 does the same...Tires are inflated to 33 PSI.
I'd suggest you bumping your tire air pressure 5 psi more (38 psi). Particularly you live in the cold country, you get temp drops which may trigger your tpms real quick if you're at 33 psi. Plus it handles better. With or without your tail end bouncing weird issue.
post #58 of 71 Old 09-20-2014, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestion nitely but in a couple of months I will be putting winter tires mounted on steelies w/o TPMS so the warning light will stay on all the time ( I picked them up yesterday at Costco). I do overinflate winter tires by about 5 PSI so they don't become underinflated when it's 20 below. It will be interesting to see how my MO will behave with the 245/70/17 Blizzak DM-V1. I had my car for less than 2 weeks with only about 200 miles on the odometer, I can't believe the shocks are gone! Perhaps the dampening rate is not progressive enough?

'14 SL Pearl White.Hood deflector, beige rubber floor mats, ss rear bumper protector. Curt hitch. Wheel locks. Blizzak DM-V1 245/70/17 w/steelies & wheel covers . Chrome rear license frame. Lower a/c rad aluminium diamond mesh grille. Round adjustable wide angle blind spot mirror driver's side. Cargo protector (2 36"X55" brown carpet). Soundproofed. Cargo net. LED front parking & doors, cargo, fogs, backup. Bosch Icon & winter wipers w/springs. Seat covers. HL Alenza.
post #59 of 71 Old 09-20-2014, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
There are tire pressure sensors on Ebay for under $200 a set. Personally, I'd use them because I hate having warning lights on.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #60 of 71 Old 09-20-2014, 09:50 PM

Thanks Pilgrim. I knew about this but it's too late as the tires are already mounted on the rims; if I can't stand the warning light in the dash, I'll just cover it with black electrical tape like a lot of people are doing. I check my tires regularly (and all my lights) so I'd rather not have any TPMS at all but most vehicles come with them nowadays...

Going back to bump steer I may try to lower the tire pressure a couple of pounds instead of increasing it. I have a 12V compressor so I can go back to factory recommendation or higher at will. IMO, an overinflated tire should bounce more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: