09 Murano acting up - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 11-24-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
09 Murano acting up

When im accelerating or cruising it has a bucking feel, almost like im hitting the overdrive button quickly on and then off. I watch the gauges when it does this, rpm and speed stay the same but the gas mileage meter bounces up and down when this happens. 2 weeks ago it was doing this, i checked the tire pressure because the tpms light was on, i corrected the pressure, light never went out but it seemed to help. Was good till today and then started doing it again. Also it seems to do it more often when its snowing and blowing around, if that makes any difference, or is it just coincidence?

About 1 year ago i had the TC replaced and it has been good ever since, no leaks or anything. As of today its got 77,XXX kilometres on it. I get regular oil changes and the transmission fluid is at a good level. Anyone know what this could be? Any help is very appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Went for another drive after the snow and blowing were done and it drove fine. But I did notice that when another car passed me kicking up snow, it would act up for a brief second then return to normal. So it seems it does it when there it's lots of wind and snow coming into the engine bay, which does not make any sense to me. What's going on here?
post #3 of 7 Old 11-25-2012, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
This is a really wild guess, but check your air filter and see if there's a hole in it - maybe the engine is sucking in debris or snow. For that matter, make sure the hose between the filter box and intake is in place and securely clamped. and

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #4 of 7 Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
If your fuel gauge is flactuating/jumps up and down then maybe its fuel line related. I would first try using some fuel system cleaner like chevron techron couple of half tank doses in a row. Good luck.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Ok ill check those. It dosent sound like cvt issue does it? When i get gas i always get 91 octane also but im willing to give anything a shot!
post #6 of 7 Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

So today I was on the hwy, all was great until I got behind another car kicking up snow etc, and did it again for a brief moment, as the car pulled away, we were good again. I checked the filter last night and seemed fine. All clamps are tight. This is confusing.. might pick up a new filter to see if it makes a difference. Any more suggestions?
post #7 of 7 Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

so it ended up being the air filter box no being put back together properly. When i got an oil change they didnt clip the top of the box back in properly. I put a new filter in and put it back together right and no issues now. Thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: