Dealership/tire questions - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dealership/tire questions

I have a 2011 Nissan Murano LE with 23000 miles.

I've been looking for a few weeks now for tires and I'm pretty much lost. I got a quote from the dealership for Michelins which came to about $1750.00. I do prefer to go to the dealership since I have all of my other services done there. They said they do price match but need to verify the exact SKU of the comp tire. I even called Michelin and for some reason they don't recommend any of their tires for my specific car. ???.

Just curious if its true that dealerships get (different) tires than other tire stores.

Also I'm interested in what the best tire for safety and longevity; I'm ok with the fact that I won't get the mileage expected due to the rim size but don't want to waste more money than needed.

My MO is a highway only driver and tires rotated every oil change.

I appreciate any help/info anybody can give.

Thanks!

2011 Murano LE Nav
2011 Titan SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I'm interested in what tires came on your MO. Were they the Goodyear Eagle LS tires like came on my 2012? Reason I ask is because where I drive, in the hills and rural roads of WV, PA and OH, I'm lucky to get 25,000 out of a set of tires with regular rotation.

I hear of folks saying they get 50,000, 60,000, or even 75,000 miles out of a set of tires and I have to believe they live in flat areas with straight, smooth roads. I've looked at the Michelin tires and I think they are way over priced. Have to looked at the Firestone Destination LE? I know a lot of folks hate Firestone, but they have done very well on our company vehicles.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#3 Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine came with toyos. Not very impressed with them so I'd prefer to go with an alternative. I haven't looked at Firestones at all.

I do know there are some differences with tire wear from 18" to 20" on the LE.

I'm located in Atlanta Ga.

2011 Murano LE Nav
2011 Titan SL
#4 Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
I suggest looking in the tires and wheels forum and also checking tire reviews on tirerack.com and discounttire.com.

Start by entering the correct tire size, then see options....and you'll be able to read comparisons.

The dealership may price match, but don't shop tires through them - go to people who specialize in tires first.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: