Several problems with 2007 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Several problems with 2007

I have owned my 2007 AWD S since 2/2010. Purchased with 55,000 miles with new tires and breaks. Since then the following has had to be replaced:

rear wiper motor
right rear tire pressure monitor
left front tpms sensor and nut
left front lower ball joint, lower control arm assembly and tie rod
right front lower control arm assembly and tie rod
engine oil cooler seal
front sway bar links
power steering high pressure hose and power steering return line hoses

most recently (this week at 90,000 miles) i had the transmission (cvt) replaced as well as left front wheel bearing.

I apologize for any incorrect terminology as I am just relaying what shows in my service history from the dealer.

Up until now everything above has been covered as I have an extended warranty until 100,000 miles. I am nearing the end of the warranty and want to know what I should do.

Keep the car or trade it in???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM

Trade it

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

post #3 of 7 Old 12-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Keep it. You have done most of the major trouble area replacements which come up in conversation here. The PS hose, front end stuff like control arms and wheel bearings, plus the transmission, are the more expensive items. The TMPS sensors and brake sensors really don't count - they're incidental stuff that happens with mileage or repairs.

As long as the engine is in good shape and not burning oil, the odds are in your favor of minimal problems in the next 50K miles.

And consider - if you trade and are paying $300 a month on another vehicle, odds are that's more than you'll spend monthly on repairs or maintenance.

You do have a spark plug change coming up at 100K miles, and that's going to cost a few bucks - but that's scheduled maintenance.

To me, if you like the vehicle, the issue is which costs more - driving it or buying something new. I suggest that the odds are in your favor if you keep the Murano.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #4 of 7 Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I agree w/ Pilgrim. I have a '07 SL AWD but have had none of those problems at 73K miles. Sounds like most of your problems are wheel/suspension related. Sounds like the previous owner took it off-roading.

Years ago I bought a 90's era Lexus ES300 car. The dealer I bought it from said the previous owner wanted to get into off-roading. I didn't realize that meant he started his off-roading experience w/ his Lexus. We had transmission (replaced), speedometer (replaced), wheel bearings, and other suspension/wheel problems not common to a Lexus I believe related to the previous owners driving habits. That could be what happened to your Mo. Hopefully you've fixed those problems and it becomes the reliable vehicle it is.

'07 GLacier Pearl Murano SL AWD w/Gibson exhaust, JWT Popcharger intake, AVS clear hood deflector, full tint, '07 350Z wheels, nerf bars, woodlook dash kit, Stop Tech high performance drilled brake kit, billet grill
'07 Redline Touring 350Z 6 spd w/ Nismo exhaust & dual intake, Stillen Type 1 wing & rear diffuser, Veilside side wings, CF lip cover, 19" TSW Cadwell's w/Michelin Pilot Super Sport's, tint, carbon fiber dash kit, custom front bumper
R.I.P. '03 Touring 6 spd 350Z w/mods
post #5 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawasan View Post
I agree w/ Pilgrim. I have a '07 SL AWD but have had none of those problems at 73K miles. Sounds like most of your problems are wheel/suspension related. Sounds like the previous owner took it off-roading.

Years ago I bought a 90's era Lexus ES300 car. The dealer I bought it from said the previous owner wanted to get into off-roading. I didn't realize that meant he started his off-roading experience w/ his Lexus. We had transmission (replaced), speedometer (replaced), wheel bearings, and other suspension/wheel problems not common to a Lexus I believe related to the previous owners driving habits. That could be what happened to your Mo. Hopefully you've fixed those problems and it becomes the reliable vehicle it is.

i've had many of these same issues, and we did not take it off road. We are at 110,000 miles though.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM

trade it...the next thing is the seat bracket. Or weird codes from the catalytic converters, and the struts are way over due. There is a year of car payments right there with those three things.

Once a cars get to this kind of point, unless you enjoy working on them yourself, or can't afford car payments and are forced to work on them yourself...they are a huge money pit. Or you just stop fixing things and live with loud noises and leaks, and TPMS warning lights...
post #7 of 7 Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I second trading it. Obviously the first 55,000 miles of this cars life were pretty hard on it. The first owners sound like they abused it, and now you are paying the price. Cut your losses and trade it on a 2012 which right now have some really good rebates.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: