Accelerating from stop - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Accelerating from stop

Is there any way to adjust the pedal so the MO starts smoothly from a stop? My 2009 Murano SL jumps from a stop unless I'm extremely careful. If I'm careful my starts are snail slow. If not, everyone's head, including mine, snaps back. It's rare I find a happy medium. I've had the car since 11/10/12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2012, 10:53 AM

Same here. I've posted similar observation way back, but owners here says its normal for the MO. To be honest its really annoying and reallllllly stupid engineering by Nissan. Its hard to modulate the accelaration.

previous owner of '12 SL AWD
glacier pearl

#3 Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
GM does the same thing with most of their cars. It's called "tip-in" in the auto press, and it's intended to give you an impression of power from a stop. All you can do is cultivate a calibrated foot.

I don't mind it because I'm usually the first one through the intersection when the light changes. I have always hated being behind drivers who are slow off a light, so I take it faster rather than slower.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#4 Old 12-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
GM does the same thing with most of their cars. It's called "tip-in" in the auto press, and it's intended to give you an impression of power from a stop. All you can do is cultivate a calibrated foot.

I don't mind it because I'm usually the first one through the intersection when the light changes. I have always hated being behind drivers who are slow off a light, so I take it faster rather than slower.
I'm the same, Pilgram. I will start faster than most everyone else, unless its a minivan with soccer & band stickers on the back. :eek: Thinking back to high school however, my friend's 300zx had a very "touchy" throttle response, compared to my '85 Supra. Lends me to think that it probably isn't something that Nissan will ever give up. Which, for Pilgram and me, is perfectly fine.

Silver 2005 SL
- K & N Air Filter
- KYB Shocks
- Aluminum fuel tank shields
- DDM 3000k HID fog light kit
- Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
- LED upgrades
-intake bellow delete
#5 Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I thought I was the only one! I find people behind me honking cause I take off too slow. I just don't want to be rough on the tranny. As well as it seems like I might be needing either a new engine mount or trans mount. Car make noise like a creaking noise when taking off. Anyone else hear this noise. 09 w/ 89k.
#6 Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09NissanMuranoS View Post
I thought I was the only one! I find people behind me honking cause I take off too slow. I just don't want to be rough on the tranny. As well as it seems like I might be needing either a new engine mount or trans mount. Car make noise like a creaking noise when taking off. Anyone else hear this noise. 09 w/ 89k.
That's a good clue that you need to take off with a bit more verve. I find that average traffic is quite slow, so if you're even slower, time to have another cuppa coffee.

If you have to drive a car slowly because you're afraid of hurting the transmission, IMO you should sell the car immediately. That's not acceptable.

You're not going to hurt the tranny by goosing it.

Creaking can be many things...try to get a good understanding of the exact conditions when it occurs, where it's coming from, speed range, turning or not turning...and then have a shop check it.

Meanwhile, add a couple of pounds of lead to your right shoe and have fun.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#7 Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Thanks, everyone. I'm getting better at accelerating smoothly from a stop.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: