User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-08-2012, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy CVT Maybe

Hello,
Okay, I have had my Louie, MO, for a year now. I love it! It has been wonderful. I maintain it well, oil changes, etc.
Then this past week it died when I went to back up into my driveway, like I do everyday. I thought perhaps it was the battery and my husband ran down to buy me a new one. It started right up but had the SES light on. I thought it was because the battery had died and figured it would turn off. Then later that night when taking my daughter to ballet it died pulling into the parking lot. I coasted to a spot and it would not turn on until after much trying and pumping the gas pedal it'd turn back on and sit find in park while waiting for my daughter to get out of class, about 45 minutes. We made it home fine and it didn't act up again. Then next day, started fine in the morning then in the afternoon it died twice, once in the middle of the road at at stop light. I got hope, and had the hubs take it to Advance to get the SES codes read. It was pulling the CPS 1 and I ordered the part pick it up the next day in my hubs car and replaced it, thanks to another post on this forum.

I thought this was it and it was all better. Then the next day I noticed, when driving the transmission starts to act like it is in neutral and wouldn't bug. I lose power it feels and the SES light came back on after it starting working normally again. It has done this today and yesterday and I am nervous something is really wrong. I have a 2004 AWD (which I have never used) and it has 103,000 miles on it. I just changed the oil about a week ago.

Could this be the CVT going bad? If so it is still covered by the 10y/120,000 miles warranty right?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. It is the family car and I don't want to have it do this again with my girls in it or have an accident. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I suggest having the guys at Advance read the latest code(s) and see how it relates to the recent fix and current symptoms.

And, yes, your CVT is still covered by the extended warranty.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#3 Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM

The SES light is off now but I took it for a test ride to see if it still did it today and it would bog down or go into limp mode then right back if I press the accelerator down. Also, while it does this the SES light came on then turned back off when it kicked back on.

Would it still throw a code with the light off?

Thanks so much!
#4 Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hesitations is one sign of CVT problem.

Check out effinay post #21 Hesitation when accelerating

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/6...est-story.html
#5 Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Thank you for the replies. And I will look at those links.

An update: Took it out for a test drive again tonight, only time since children are sleeping and the hubs it home.

It did great for about 20 minutes then it did the hesitation and the SES light stayed on when it recovered. I stop for about 20 minutes and then when I went to start it again, it wouldn't start. The same as it did before I changed the CPS bank 1 sensor. I finally got it started, it hesitated a little starting out then didn't all the way home, 20 minutes.

I am going to stop by Advance Auto and get the codes pulled again in the morning and maybe call up Nissan.

Maybe this is the other sensor?
#6 Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM

Alright... I took it back to Advance to get codes read. It was the CRANKSHAFT sensor that was being pulled and my husband said it was the Camshaft. Ugh. That's what I get when I send my mechanically challenged husband to do a mechanical related job.

I got the crankshaft sensor, found it on the car, it's underneath if anyone wondered. Replaced it. Took not much time, took more time putting the plastic guard back on.

Now, it is driving normally and not heistating, stalling or acting a fool. Yay.

Just thought I'd update. It wasn't the CVT or CPS.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: