Nissan Murano Forum banner

'09 Murano Blower fan problem (leaking?)

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mitchn06 
#1 ·
2009 Murano, strange problem, when blower fan is running it functions fine, blows through all vents as it is supposed to, but on the passenger side of the vehicle it is almost as if it leaks and blows the cold air entering the blower fan area into the vehicle from behind the dash/glovebox area onto the passenger's feet making for a very cold ride in 0 degree temps. i know it is the blower fan doing this because as i turn up the fan speed, the air on the feet increases with the fan speed. i'm confused as my wife has owned this vehicle for 3 years and i've never noticed it before. any help would be awesome. Thanks

#2 ·
Something like this has happened to me in my 07. At odd times the fresh air vent in the dash on the passenger side can blow cold air. If it persists I will suspect a vacuum leak in the controls on that side.

#3 ·
it is a very strange problem. i don't understand how it could happen even with a vacuum leak, i'm not 100% on how it works, but even with a leak in the vacuum lines, it would either be stuck in fresh air or recirculate mode and should not be blowing outside air in the car without it going through the vents, which it is not. if that makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.