INTELLIGENT KEY compartment opens after battery replacement - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy INTELLIGENT KEY compartment opens after battery replacement

I'm wondering if ANYONE has had any issues with the closure of their INTELLIGENT key after the battery replacement?

I ALWAYS have the dealer replace the battery -- the first replacement led to the key battery/computer chip compartment opening unbeknownst to me and the entire electronic device falling out somewhere --

When I let the dealer know -- they told me they aren't sure how that could have happened, and could replace it for me at an INSANE price over $300

I didn't replace it -- can't afford to.

My addditional INTELLIGENT key needed a battery replacement -- I went to a different dealership -- a few weeks after the fact -- I almost had the same issue, the key battery/computer chip compartment opened up...but luckily I realized what was happening and salvaged the interior.

I've now taped it -- as I can't have this one lose all the insides.

HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE???? I really believe there must be some defect, at least with mine -- and I feel very slighted that the dealer expects me to pay for something which is obviously some factory defect.

I am the original owner of my Murano -2007 - 29,000 -- so obviously I don't drive it much.

Any suggestions will be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is a right way to open the key fob and a wrong way. Check the notch on the side and if there is damage there they probably opened it incorrectly. It should be opened by removing the key and then inserting a very small screwdriver into the small recesses next to where the key goes and then twisting the screwdriver to separate the halves. I have replaced several batteries on my Murano and my Maxima and they always click back together without a problem.

As far as getting a replacement keyfob you can go to eBay and get one for a very reasonable price. I have bought two, one for my Max and one for the Murano. I always get an extra when I purchase a new vehicle so to have a spare. The cost for the eBay one was $50 and another $40 for the dealer to program it. Just make sure you purchase one that has the same number that is located under the key. Just remove the key and the number is visible (with a magnyfing glass).
#3 Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
They probably damaged the notches that clips it together. I would surely return it to that dealer and tell him to fix it. If it was not falling apart with normal handling before you gave it to him then he messed it up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: