User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Tires on New Murano

Hi, from a new Member

Just took delivery on a brand new Murano, that came with standard Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport tires (236/65 R18).

The tires feel quite rough, with a bit of vibration and shimmer. Is this not unusual for a new vehicle that has been sitting on the yard for a while?

Would this be cured by simply having a wheel balance at the dealer?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgk0630 View Post
Hi, from a new Member

Just took delivery on a brand new Murano, that came with standard Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport tires (236/65 R18).

The tires feel quite rough, with a bit of vibration and shimmer. Is this not unusual for a new vehicle that has been sitting on the yard for a while?

Would this be cured by simply having a wheel balance at the dealer?

Thanks!

This would best be "cured" by you immediately reporting this issue to the selling dealer. Don't hesitate, contact the dealer right away and let them know there is an issue / there is a concern.

eeeee
#3 Old 02-02-2013, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you check the tire pressure ? It may be very high.
It supposed to be 33 ~35 psi.

2011 Murano SV AWD Canadian Spec.
- Carbon Silver / Black
- DDM 5k HID Conversion
- 1080p Dash Cam./ Vehicle Recorder
- DIY 5-LED Running Lights
- Factory Rubber Floor Mats
- Bosch Windshield Blades
#4 Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoSV View Post
Did you check the tire pressure ? It may be very high.
It supposed to be 33 ~35 psi.

Indeed, on occasion the dealer will deliver a vehicle with the tires way, way over inflated. That will cause bumpy ride, poor ride. IF tire pressures are aok (check pressures when tires are cold. See door jamn for inflation (psi) recommendation. If your issues are not corrected contact dealer as I mentioned above and do so asap.

eeeee
#5 Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Yes, I agree with the over pressure. When I took delivery of my MO, which I had test driven, BTW, I noticed a really rough ride on the way home. When I checked the tires they all had 45 pounds! I lowered them to 35 pounds and what a difference that made.

I did report this to the dealer and my salesman and told them I didn't really think anyone checked those tires, and if they did, they added about 10# too much air.

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#6 Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
This would best be "cured" by you immediately reporting this issue to the selling dealer. Don't hesitate, contact the dealer right away and let them know there is an issue / there is a concern.
Mine came with the bad good years and they were wearing out and chip wearing. Go to a independent tire place and tell them to swap out for a Latude touring tire by Mich. You will need a RA from the good year company. It cost me like 200 dollars for tires that sell for 275 each. Great deal Thanks good year.

MO-one-2005 With a Custom Fiberglass Box In The Tire well ,Directed Audio Amps, Mono 800 Watt And A 75x4 Amp.Sirius Radio,Pioneer Component Speakers, K-40 front and rear radar unit, Keep MOing around

MO-Two-2011- in Merlot and Black Inside with Nav. Have all my gear from the other one and will go into the new one soon. HIDs coming next week. The new one is just GREAT. 10/29/11
#7 Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 AM
HVT

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Mine was also delivered with nearly 50 LBS. Have them checked and rebalanced. I'm picky as he11 on my balancing!

Just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verdes for ours.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons
iJDMtoy RED LED Bumper reflector lights
#8 Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVT View Post
Mine was also delivered with nearly 50 LBS. Have them checked and rebalanced. I'm picky as he11 on my balancing!

Just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verdes for ours.

Yup, my Murano had 48# psi in each tire when delivered.. 8-(

-----

Today, I ordered 4 Yokohama Prada Spec X 255/50R-20 XL tires from Discount Tire Direct which cost me $895.00 total which included shipping. No sales tax needed to be paid. Will cost $110.00 to install the tires using Hunter Force Balancing. So, total.... tires / tire install will be right around $1000.00. Had I purchased the tires locally I would have paid $100 more.

HVT ........... I know you live in my neck of the woods. Good installer in the area is Arlington Tire in Poughkeepsie. They use Hunter Force Balance and their tire machine is the newer type that has rubber that protects the rim from marring. I have used Arlington Tire a few tires and never an issue. Easy in and out on install day also. By the way, Pirelli Scorpion Verdes in the size you need (18's) for an SL cost $748.00 total delivered from Discount Tire Direct.

eeeee
#9 Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Have the dealer check it. You may initially get vibration from tires that have been sitting, but it should diminish and disappear after a few miles of road travel.

High tire pressures may make the ride more harsh, but will not make it act like bad or unbalanced tires. Higher tire pressure reduces the flexibility of the sidewalls, making the ride more stiff...but it does not make the tires bumpy or uneven.

Any tire pressure in the 32-40 PSI range is just fine, is quite safe and will not cause problems of any kind. That's well within the design of the tires. I run 40 PSI all the time because handling is improved over the lower pressures.

SO - if (1) your tire pressures are in the range of between 32 and 40 PSI, (2) you have driven it a few miles, and (3) the tires still feel out of balance and lumpy, definitely contact the dealer and find out what's going on. Tires can be bad from the manufacturer - there could be a bad belt, a sidewall bulge or other problem.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#10 Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
HVT

Quote:
Yup, my Murano had 48# psi in each tire when delivered.. 8-(

-----

Today, I ordered 4 Yokohama Prada Spec X 255/50R-20 XL tires from Discount Tire Direct which cost me $895.00 total which included shipping. No sales tax needed to be paid. Will cost $110.00 to install the tires using Hunter Force Balancing. So, total.... tires / tire install will be right around $1000.00. Had I purchased the tires locally I would have paid $100 more.

HVT ........... I know you live in my neck of the woods. Good installer in the area is Arlington Tire in Poughkeepsie. They use Hunter Force Balance and their tire machine is the newer type that has rubber that protects the rim from marring. I have used Arlington Tire a few tires and never an issue. Easy in and out on install day also. By the way, Pirelli Scorpion Verdes in the size you need (18's) for an SL cost $748.00 total delivered from Discount Tire Direct.

Thanks. I know where they are but haven't used them. The dealership is getting them for me at $159 each plus M & B and tax. Should be right around $700 with tax. I was actually going to go with DTD but Alex at Nissan yelled at me for doing this in the past and did very well by me.lol Thanks again.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
#11 Old 02-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVT View Post
Thanks. I know where they are but haven't used them. The dealership is getting them for me at $159 each plus M & B and tax. Should be right around $700 with tax. I was actually going to go with DTD but Alex at Nissan yelled at me for doing this in the past and did very well by me.lol Thanks again.
Decent price but once you throw on the M&B , tire disposal and tax on all, you will be around $775 or so. Still a decent price. Which Nissan dealership? Poughkeepsie Nissan?

eeeee
#12 Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 PM
HVT

Quote:
Decent price but once you throw on the M&B , tire disposal and tax on all, you will be around $775 or so. Still a decent price. Which Nissan dealership? Poughkeepsie Nissan?
Yes Poughkeepsie. Yeah I figured since they were so close on price, I'd just do it all through them. I know them all there anyhow so may as well just do it.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
#13 Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Pirelli Scorpion Verdes

I'd be interested to hear how these do for you.

Tire reviews are all over the place. I've read reviews on this specific tire and it ranges from "it's the worst tire I've ever owned, to it's the best tire I've ever owned" It's really hard to get a good feeling about any tires from reading reviews on the internet. It's pretty exasperating!

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#14 Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Sort of like your wiper review

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Blue Interior LEDs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
#15 Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM
HVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Pirelli Scorpion Verdes

I'd be interested to hear how these do for you.

Tire reviews are all over the place. I've read reviews on this specific tire and it ranges from "it's the worst tire I've ever owned, to it's the best tire I've ever owned" It's really hard to get a good feeling about any tires from reading reviews on the internet. It's pretty exasperating!
I'll be sure to post a review when I get them. You're right about reviews too. Probably because everyone is looking for something different in a tire. And we all drive differently. I want to make sure I keep the silky smooth ride and handling while keeping it quiet. I'm not a racecar driver but have been known to hit a corner with a bit more verve than the wife cares for...lol. I'll keep ya posted.

Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Retrofit 4300k HIDs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: