Bluetooth Outgoing Volume - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Hertzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Bluetooth Outgoing Volume

When making a call on the bluetooth in our 2012 LE the person on the other end says we are talking WAY to loud. Also the clarity isn't that great. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have adjusted the outgoing volume to its lowest but that doesn't seem to make a difference. And where is the speaker for the phone located?
Other than that this Murano is a big step up from our 2004 AWD SL.
Hertzman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
njjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 12,643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
And where is the speaker for the phone located?
Welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to the microphone? If so, according to the Owners Manual, it is located in the ceiling in front of the rearview mirror.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
njjoe is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 03:29 AM
HVT
Registered User
 
HVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
When making a call on the bluetooth in our 2012 LE the person on the other end says we are talking WAY to loud. Also the clarity isn't that great. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have adjusted the outgoing volume to its lowest but that doesn't seem to make a difference. And where is the speaker for the phone located?
Other than that this Murano is a big step up from our 2004 AWD SL.
I feel your pain. If you have an android phone, let me know when you get it figured out. iphones seem to work fine. The wifes crapdroid always sounds garbled when she calls me from the car....like it's way over modulated. Yet if I call her from the car using my iphone, she says it's fine. We've adjusted and readjusted, had Nissan do and update on the software....still the same. Usable, but annoying at times.

______________________________
2011 Nissan Murano SL AWD in Glacier Pearl/Beige Leather
Bose Audio
Dealer installed Remote Start
Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons
iJDMtoy RED LED Bumper reflector lights
HVT is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered User
 
BillArf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVT View Post
I feel your pain. If you have an android phone, let me know when you get it figured out. iphones seem to work fine. The wifes crapdroid always sounds garbled when she calls me from the car....like it's way over modulated. Yet if I call her from the car using my iphone, she says it's fine. We've adjusted and readjusted, had Nissan do and update on the software....still the same. Usable, but annoying at times.

I fooled with different settings, had the update done, had the mic changed and it did nothing to correct the lousy hands free/garbled, etc. audio in my 2011 Murano LE. I don't even try to use the hands free anymore. (I originally tried the Droid Incredible and lastly the Razr Maxx)

HVT ........ You got your new tires?

.

eeeee
BillArf is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 07:21 PM
HVT
Registered User
 
HVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
I fooled with different settings, had the update done, had the mic changed and it did nothing to correct the lousy hands free/garbled, etc. audio in my 2011 Murano LE. I don't even try to use the hands free anymore. (I originally tried the Droid Incredible and lastly the Razr Maxx)

HVT ........ You got your new tires?

.
I stopped in yesterday since I was in the area and they haven't come in yet. He said he ordered them but my guess is he forgot. I know they've been back ordered and hard to get but it's been a while. I promise to post pics and opinions when I do get em'.
As for the hands free, I'd like to see if anyone else with an iphone has had good luck like I have, or is it just a fluke.

______________________________
2011 Nissan Murano SL AWD in Glacier Pearl/Beige Leather
Bose Audio
Dealer installed Remote Start
Nissan LED DRLs
Navigation
Chromed stainless rear bumper protector
Retrofit 4300k HIDs
235/65-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons
iJDMtoy RED LED Bumper reflector lights
HVT is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered User
 
Blinky19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have an IPhone and the voice clarity is great. No problems getting or receiving calls and easy to adjust volume while on a call. Everything works perfect!

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Blue Interior LEDs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Blinky19 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Hertzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
When making a call on the bluetooth in our 2012 LE the person on the other end says we are talking WAY to loud. Also the clarity isn't that great. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have adjusted the outgoing volume to its lowest but that doesn't seem to make a difference. And where is the speaker for the phone located?
Other than that this Murano is a big step up from our 2004 AWD SL.
Thanks for the helpful replies. I didn't know there was an update but since its not worth the effort I'll pass on it. I will check the dealer and ask them. I don't see that going to far but they are close.
Hertzman is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On