User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by GripperDon
LuvWool is one of our forum members. He lives here in Phoenix area, ( I am going to call it our clubs first mini meeting) The reason to mount them in the lower grill is that:

1. I like the look of the "extra Driving Lights"
2. I may want the fogs some day and plan on changing the bulbs in the Fogs to Yellow and make them true Fogs.
3. I did try the 9006 Osram silverstars (Stil have then unused in the box if anybody wants a deal) in the fog lamps the color did not match about 4150K I went to 9006's that were a right match at 4500K, but will now go to the "Yellow 9006"
4. I plan on changing the H3 in the Hellas to a higher color about 4500K as soon as I can find them.

GRIP
will 5000k do?

http://www.supremepower.com/category.../spplight.html

There's also some ion-yellow fog bulbs there too.

the root site is www.supremepowerparts.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

YES DAVE THEY WILL THANKS

I'll order today. GRIP

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #18 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 03:10 PM
=:)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
driving lights

I just finished mounting the Hella's. Screwed to inner bumper.
If I knew how to attach a pic I would. I tried but it said too large.
224 meg.

04 SE QX1 Caffe Latte
-After market alarm-85 Watt Hella driving lights-PIAA yellow parking lights-Auto locking doors-Wolo air horns-Fog light DTRL-Floor Lights-33uF Tweeter Mod-Metalic Black Grill-Lower grill
post #19 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 03:19 PM

May you could crop it a little or reduce the pixels per inch or resize it I would love to see and I bet many other also. Sure was nice to meet you yesterday. "GRIP

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #20 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 03:30 PM

Question

Trying again with pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pc120168.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	10072  

04 SE QX1 Caffe Latte
-After market alarm-85 Watt Hella driving lights-PIAA yellow parking lights-Auto locking doors-Wolo air horns-Fog light DTRL-Floor Lights-33uF Tweeter Mod-Metalic Black Grill-Lower grill
post #21 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 03:34 PM

Ok so it's still kinda big. I adjusted my hid's up to a point where they
stop at the rear deck of the car in front. I did this with the elec adj
switch on 2 so I can still go up or down more.

04 SE QX1 Caffe Latte
post #22 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 03:36 PM

GREAT! Did you see the place with the color painted grilles? The Matching White might be Great. GRIP

post #23 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Just wanna help

Mopar, question for you....

Quote:
I just finished mounting the Hella's. Screwed to inner bumper.
When you said you "mount the hella by screwing it to the inner bumper"... did you drill any hole or just "clamp" it using nuts and bolts.
If they are clamped, will it be sufficient/strong enough?

Chronicle: >>2003 SL Super Black AWD Murano / Navteq Intelinav Software/ Pro-kit Mount & Holux GPS Receiver / Magnet Bra / Autopark Sensor/ XM Roady SAT Radio / OEM HID bixenon headlight retrofit / Trim-
Gard Chrome Body Side Molding / Nissan Murano Decals/PAC adapter/ Cargo Net
-- SOLD on 07/20/2006. Thank you everyone!
post #24 of 43 Old 12-12-2004, 11:16 PM

See MOpar above, Two Screws into the Aluminum Bumper. I haven't done it yet awaiting the Hella's I Think he used Self tapping metal screws. Hey Luvwool what did you do ?

post #25 of 43 Old 12-13-2004, 12:06 AM

Do you think the Hellas can take the change from 55w to 80W?

post #26 of 43 Old 12-13-2004, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GripperDon
Do you think the Hellas can take the change from 55w to 80W?
For all your Hella needs.
http://www.rallylights.com/

They do say that they have upgraded wiring harnesses. Whatever that means.

I know of people who have upgraded to 80w bulbs in their low beams with no adverse effects. Then again, you run the risk of melting the insulation off your wiring and melting the housing. If you wanted to be safe, you should get one of the glass lenses instead of the plastic kind. That site i gave you has MANY driving lights in both Hella and Hella Optilux brand. I tend to think that the Optilux models shoul handle 80w fine because the Optilux bulb was originally offered in both 55w and 80w.

Dave
post #27 of 43 Old 12-13-2004, 10:03 AM

The Optilux are glass lenses. I drilled into the bumper and used hex head sheet metal screws, also used 3/16 spacer to verticaly center
them.

04 SE QX1 Caffe Latte
post #28 of 43 Old 12-13-2004, 01:33 PM

CREW219 great info about the driving lights being offered in both 55 and 80. MoPar got any extra spacer material left? If not I'll try and get something put together, so I can use you drill when you come by. I have all that stuff on the CD's

post #29 of 43 Old 12-13-2004, 02:59 PM

Grip
I've got the spacer mat. and screws, when you get the lights call me
I need the distance center to center of the slotted holes in the brackets to drill the spacers.

04 SE QX1 Caffe Latte
post #30 of 43 Old 12-13-2004, 04:13 PM

THANKS WILL DO.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: