Nissan Murano Forum banner

Rear Hatch Adjustments?

17K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BillArf 
#1 ·
Is there any way to adjust the rear hatch locking mechanism?
Ive noticed as I navigate thru some of the WORST roads on the eastern seaboard (NY-NJ), my rear hatch is getting very noisy.

I have already taken the rear covering off to expose the lock and motor but could not find anyway to "tighten things up".

Each bump gets a nasty vibration cause I can hear the rear gate
"bounce" against the lock and anchor (if thats what it's called).
Sometimes I just turn the volume up on the radio to drown out the noise when hitting rough streets.

Any suggestions on this??

#3 ·
Boobaba-

There are two ways to "tighten" the door.

The first is to adjust the body-mounted latch. The second way is to back-out the four rubber bumpers that are located around the door opening.

-njjoe

Attachments

#4 ·
WOW!

Thank you for the quick response.
I didn't know the four rubbers were part of the adjustment.:29:

Now about the "striker". I disassembled it up to where the striker is
bolted on to the frame with screws. Am I to understand that what the striker is bolted onto can be moved for/aft and left/right?

#5 ·
Re: WOW!

Boobaba said:
Am I to understand that what the striker is bolted onto can be moved for/aft and left/right?
Boob-

According to the Nissan Service Manual the striker, once loosened, is free to move in all four directions, as noted in the diagram I posted. My guess is that the movement is fairly limited. I recommend initially using the four bumpers to take up the "slop".

-njjoe

#6 ·
Re: Re: WOW!

njjoe said:

Boob-

According to the Nissan Service Manual the striker, once loosened, is free to move in all four directions, as noted in the diagram I posted. My guess is that the movement is fairly limited. I recommend initially using the four bumpers to take up the "slop".

-njjoe
Yes, it's VERY limited. I tried this, and it would move back to original position every time I tightened the screws/bolts.

#7 ·
Yup!!

I tried that the other day and just as Tyler stated, the striker moved right back to it's original position.

i will definitely try the four bumpers tomorrow' cause I ran out of time fussing with the striker and had to meet an urgent appointment.

tmnjmurano, Tyler, njjoe thanks a bunch!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.