LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Senior Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to milgrad
Ac Blowing Hot Air??

Well today was the 1st warm day in PA since last year. So I leave work today, it was around 80 outside. I turn the AC all the way down to 60 and let my car run for a while. I notice it is blowing hot air. Just figured the AC didn't kick in yet. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, same thing. No matter what temperture I put it on, it is just blowing hot air. Any ideas? I have an appointment for Saturday, but man....Black leather is hot when it is 80+ outside and no AC.

New MO: 2009 SL AWD Platinum/Charcoal Tech, Premium, Nav, Leather, Dual Panel Roof, XPEL Clear Bra, Remote Start, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Front Windows, Rear Bumper Protector, Headrest DVD.

Previous MO: 2005 SL AWD Platinum/Charchoal/NAV/VDC/Mobile Entertainment System/Touring Package, Tinted Front Windows, K&N Air Filter, X-Pel Clear Bra, OEM XM Radio, Remote Start, Front Window control from remote

Previous MO:2004 SL AWD Blue/Latte/NAV/VDC/Touring Package/XM-SAT/Remote Start/X-Pel Clear Bra/Tinted Front Windows/K&N Airfilter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
milgrad-

It could be one of the following - blown fuse on the compressor clutch, low refrigerant, problem with the HVAC controls. My guess is a slow refrigerant leak.

You can probably save a few bucks and take your MO to a local garage that specializes in AC. The garage can evacuate the lines and recharge them with freon.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1973 MGB
post #3 of 20 Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 PM

I'd let the dealer handle it- should be covered under warranty.

2004 Altima 3.5 SE Smoke
2006 Murano S-AWD Super Black
1997 Maxima Arctic Pearl-sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 05-02-2007, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Senior Member

Thanks...I will let the dealer handle it...my MO is still in warranty...Hopefully nothing major...

New MO: 2009 SL AWD Platinum/Charcoal Tech, Premium, Nav, Leather, Dual Panel Roof, XPEL Clear Bra, Remote Start, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Front Windows, Rear Bumper Protector, Headrest DVD.

Previous MO: 2005 SL AWD Platinum/Charchoal/NAV/VDC/Mobile Entertainment System/Touring Package, Tinted Front Windows, K&N Air Filter, X-Pel Clear Bra, OEM XM Radio, Remote Start, Front Window control from remote

Previous MO:2004 SL AWD Blue/Latte/NAV/VDC/Touring Package/XM-SAT/Remote Start/X-Pel Clear Bra/Tinted Front Windows/K&N Airfilter
post #5 of 20 Old 05-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Love to live w/ MO

just faced the same problem today.... no matter what temp i set it to, as soon as i hit the A/C button, i hear some chucking noise and air gets a little cooler and thats it. not what a real AC should do.

got an appt made for Monday.

PS> I did had some work done in sept last year when there was coolant leak and they had to bring in some part as the leak was really bad. i never had to use AC after that and today was the first time i was using it.

i will mention this to dealership as well.

2003 Silver SE AWD, Everything but NAV
2009 Versa SL, hatchback
post #6 of 20 Old 05-02-2007, 05:00 PM

NO NO NO!! It's much worse than that - you have a politician stuck in your cabin air intake. Have it removed immediately or you will suffer a horrible fate!!

'05 SE AWD . Black on Graphite leather. loaded with Nav, Xenons, Intelligent Key
post #7 of 20 Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 PM

My understanding is that AC should be run periodically, let's say once every week, two to lubricate all seals. Just for a brief period. Otherwise - but you have seen the effect above....

had: 03 MO SL, Gold, 2WD, Premium, leather, sunroof, Mobil 1, B-Quiet, Garmin Nuvi 250W, Fumoto oil valve, HIR's in fogs
08 CTS 304 HP Direct Injection Engine. Fully loaded with every option except AWD
04 FX35, AWD, Touring loaded, Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT, Fumoto oil valve
Dream car: Ferrari Italia
------------------------------------------------

"It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast" - Enzo Ferrari
post #8 of 20 Old 05-03-2007, 12:40 PM

I had the same problem last year. Turned out to be low refridgerant. $90 later it's still working!

Winners come and go; legends are forever.

2003 Silver SL w/ Sunroof
post #9 of 20 Old 05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Love to live w/ MO

Quote:
Originally posted by crash
I had the same problem last year. Turned out to be low refridgerant. $90 later it's still working!
was it not covered under warranty ? or will it be covered under warranty (i got the extended one)

anyways, using the service manual i ran the tests and all codes came out fine. no sensor issues or anything, so i guess the refrigerant issue looks like to be the culprit....

2009 Versa SL, hatchback
post #10 of 20 Old 05-05-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Senior Member

Well, I just got back from the dealer...AC is not fixed, but they determined what was wrong. It appears my AC condensor got hit by a rock. It needs to be replaced....Total repair will be $680.00. They could have done the repair today, but I need to have my insurance company inspect the vehicle 1st. I am hoping this falls as a comp claim....If all goes well it will be back at the dealer on Tuesday for the repair...

post #11 of 20 Old 05-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by milgrad
...It appears my AC condensor got hit by a rock. It needs to be replaced....Total repair will be $680.00.
As I read more and more about these incidents, I am so glad that I installed my little home-made lower grill to protect against rocks and debries...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9951lower_grill_on_the_car_1-med.jpg
Views:	1841
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	13719  

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #12 of 20 Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Love to live w/ MO

dropped my car off this morning and got a call right now.... they had to recharge the air conditioning unit and put some gas as well.... around 130$..... and i got the wheel alignment done as well.....
so hopefully everything should be back to normal in my lovely mo for the evening today.....

its 22C and i sure do need air conditioning....

2009 Versa SL, hatchback
post #13 of 20 Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Senior Member

My insurance is going to cover it as a comp claim...whew...but they will be using an after-market part....I could care less, just as long as I get my AC back. I am having one my insurance companies garage handle the repair....lifetime guarantee on it...Taking it in Wednesday...they said they will need about 5 hours to complete...

post #14 of 20 Old 05-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by milgrad
My insurance is going to cover it as a comp claim...whew...but they will be using an after-market part....I could care less, just as long as I get my AC back. I am having one my insurance companies garage handle the repair....lifetime guarantee on it...Taking it in Wednesday...they said they will need about 5 hours to complete...
Lifetime guarantee? That is better than what Nissan would have offered. You have a win-win situation. The insurance company picks up the tab and you get a lifetime warranty. I like that deal.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
and 1973 MGB
post #15 of 20 Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Super Senior Member

yeah so do I...there are obviouslly things it won't cover, like a hole in it again, but if it leaks and needs to be recharged it would be covered..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: