WTB: 04 oem bull bar - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WTB: 04 oem bull bar

Looking for an oem grey bull bar/ push bar. let me know what you guys got.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 AM

Come on people I need this so I can mow down some zombies
#3 Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Murano did not come with OE (Original Equipment) bull bar. There are several aftermarket types available though. Your best bet would be ebay.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#4 Old 02-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Keep checking classifieds, I suggest you hit the sites that allow national searches of Craigslist...a nation-wide search is likely to turn up something before long. As noted, there's no such thing as an OEM bull/light/brush bar, since Muranos are not trucks. Aftermarket does offer options.

If you want to hang lights on such a bar, I've done that with Hella 500's. You can buy the light mounts so even a non-mout-equipped bar can be used if it's the right diameter for the clamp-on mounts.

Bull bar and driving lights

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#5 Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 AM

Ok... explain this then, maybe it's not called a bull bar, so yes there is no such thing as an oem bull bar.

I have seen one listed before on here that was sold a while back.
#6 Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 PM

I believe that technically, that's an accessory offered by Nissan, not OEM equipment, because it can't be ordered on the vehicle from the factory. The world's self-elected ultimate authority on everything, Wikipedia, says "When referring to automotive parts, OEM designates a replacement part made by the manufacturer of the original part."

However, the distinction may be meaningless. I'm sure any dealer would have been glad to install it for delivery.

"Front Bumper Tube Bar" has to be the most awkward name for a device of that type that I have EVER seen. I can't imagine that anyone would use that search string in trying to find it. However, most of those bars are named with slang or colloquial terms, so it's not that easy to search for them in any case.

I think I bought the one that was listed a while back. The price on the one at Courtesy is very good, and that would be a good way to go.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#7 Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I believe that technically, that's an accessory offered by Nissan, not OEM equipment, because it can't be ordered on the vehicle from the factory. The world's self-elected ultimate authority on everything, Wikipedia, says "When referring to automotive parts, OEM designates a replacement part made by the manufacturer of the original part."

However, the distinction may be meaningless. I'm sure any dealer would have been glad to install it for delivery.

"Front Bumper Tube Bar" has to be the most awkward name for a device of that type that I have EVER seen. I can't imagine that anyone would use that search string in trying to find it. However, most of those bars are named with slang or colloquial terms, so it's not that easy to search for them in any case.

I think I bought the one that was listed a while back. The price on the one at Courtesy is very good, and that would be a good way to go.
The bar is made by Nissan, which generally speaking makes it OEM.
#8 Old 02-20-2013, 05:41 PM

OK, that works for me. It is what it is....and it's an accessory.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: