Oil Cooler Gasket Change - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
post #31 of 34 Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oil Cooler Gasket Change

Thanks for this DIY! My dads 06 Murano had a oil leak, and asked me to figure it out. Quick search on Google and this thread popped up, figured I'd give it a shot. Dealer charged me nearly $12 for the gasket, had no choice but to bend over and buy it, since he wanted it fixed that day. Old one was orange and less thick (was still in pretty good shape), but the new thicker black one fixed it! One mistake I made was pulling the coolant hoses off without clamping em off, lets just say I had to go buy some new coolant lol.

So the oil leak was fixed, but noticed coolant leaking throughout the week now. Turns out one of the hoses had a small crack, dealer wanted $12 for it and had to special order it. Ended up going to Oreilly's and buying 1ft. generic hose for $1 and cut it to spec.

At the end it was not hard at all- thanks to your DIY! Saved us a lot of time and money. Cost around $30 (gasket, coolant, hose, and a 22mm deep socket).

Thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just a side note, to this easy fix: I was able to comfortably use a regular 22mm socket, as opposed to the 22mm deep socket.

Silver 2005 SL
- K & N Air Filter
- KYB Shocks
- Aluminum fuel tank shields
- DDM 3000k HID fog light kit
- Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
- LED upgrades
-intake bellow delete
post #33 of 34 Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Guys, I have this same issue with my 2006 Murano now. I also bought the oil pan gasket, as I see a bit leaking from there also, but the main culprit seems to be this cooler gasket and the oil runs down the coolant hose and drips onto the rear of the lower control arm..

My question, is this gasket available anywhere else than the nissan dealer? Such as autozone or advance or napa?
post #34 of 34 Old 03-18-2014, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know Kevin's question is old but wanted to add my experience with the dorman gasket for the oil cooler from autozone.

Do not buy any where that is not an OEM part. I used the dorman replacement and it leaked worse. Ended up replacing with the OEM which felt a little stiffer and just ever so slightly thicker. FYI dorman also includes 3 o rings. I guess they figure it's going to leak so give another one a try. I will not make this mistake again.

Awesome site I have been lurking forever but you guys have saved me a ton. Our 2004 Murano was purchased with 6 miles on odometer and we just turned 140k. Plan on keeping it till the CVT gives out whenever that is.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: