Battery help - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 25 Old 09-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Last time I exchanged batteries at Costco I noticed they did not check the one I was returning. They just refunded my money and told me to buy another one. I am assuming he is taking advantage of that by taking the battery back before the 3 year full replacement warranty is up. They give his money back and he buys another one, with a new warranty that starts that day...

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Super Senior Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Most auto batteries are made by just three manufacturers, Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls Industries. Each makes batteries sold under several different brand names.

Delphi makes ACDelco and some EverStart (Wal-Mart) models.

Exide makes Champion, Exide, Napa, and some EverStart batteries.

Johnson Controls makes Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Kirkland (Costco), Motorcraft (Ford), and some EverStarts.

Former owner of ~~~~> Black O3 SE AWD

post #18 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OEM on my 2004 lasted barely two years. Duralast Gold entering into year 4 with ZERO issues and plenty of cranking power!
post #19 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim C
Duralast Gold entering into year 4 with ZERO issues and plenty of cranking power!
Nissan OEM entering into year 5 with ZERO issues and plenty of cranking power!

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
post #20 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by njjoe

Nissan OEM entering into year 5 with ZERO issues and plenty of cranking power!

-njjoe
We heard you.......Gonzo......

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
post #21 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by zebelkhan

We heard you.......Gonzo......
GONZO!? Hmmm... I'm not sure if that is compliment or an insult.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM iPod interface
-Muth signal mirrors
post #22 of 25 Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Zebelkhan is right. Costco has a 3 year free replacement warranty on car battery. Anything goes wrong within 3 years just return the battery (get a refund and buy the fresh one off the shelf). Now, if you miss the 3rd year mark and the battery fails you can still return but will pay a little --not the full amount though--up to 5-6 years not sure. Except for electronics they mostly take anything back for a refund. That is the beauty of costco warranty on things you get from them.
post #23 of 25 Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

My COSTCO battery left me stranded in 15F weather.

In June of 2010, on the recommendations of this forum, I purchased a COSTCO battery to replace my OEM battery. It worked fine until a month or so ago.

The engine had been cranking over a bit slow recently, but I assumed it was due to the frigid temps. Then today, after stopping for gas, the engine failed to restart. The battery was dead.

Although I was still within the free-replacement period for the COSTCO battery I opted for an Autocraft Gold battery from Advance Auto for two reasons - 1) COSTCO was closed and I needed a battery ASAP, and 2) I did not want another battery that might last only 30 months, warranty or not. I gave COSTCO a chance and they failed me.

This new battery is the larger Group Size 24 which means the white plastic OEM case that surrounds the battery no longer fits. We never did figure out what purpose the case serves, but I am sure I can go without it.

Hopefully this battery will last longer than COSTCO's 30 months.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM iPod interface
-Muth signal mirrors
post #24 of 25 Old 01-27-2013, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The slow crank was your signal to get that free replacement. Thats what I did last time. Sorry you did not choose to take advantage of that. I woud not mind swapping out in 2 1/2 years for free than every 4-5 and pay everytime. 15F or 115F is all the same once they start cranking slow its time to get a new one. Here in Vegas they don't even bother to check the batterys condition upon return. So long its still under warranty. Better luck and keep warm man.
post #25 of 25 Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Nitely,

Yeah, the timing was not good. Had it failed a few hours earlier I would have schlepped back to COSTCO for a free replacement. However, I did not want to be without the MO overnight and have reached a point in my life where I will gladly pay a few bucks more for convenience and peace of mind.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM iPod interface
-Muth signal mirrors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: