Good Service near Chicago Area? - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Service near Chicago Area?

I am looking for a good, reliable and not-so-expensive Nissan Dealer in Chicago.

I am very inexperienced a female driver, because of that 4 days ago I got charged $988 for 30K service, rear brakes, 4-wheel alignment, left front outer tie rod change for my 2005 Murano SL-AWD.

When I went back to pick up, service was closed, and I asked to pay the bill without any explanation.

Originally I went there for only 30K service for $359+Tax. They told me on the phone that they found front tie rod and brake problems, I wasn't expecting it would be that much.

I cannot keep paying that high bills just for the service, so what would be my best options for my next service visits?

Thank you everyone for your inputs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevimli View Post
I am very inexperienced a female driver, because of that 4 days ago I got charged $988 for 30K service, rear brakes, 4-wheel alignment, left front outer tie rod change for my 2005 Murano SL-AWD.

When I went back to pick up, service was closed, and I asked to pay the bill without any explanation.

Originally I went there for only 30K service for $359+Tax. They told me on the phone that they found front tie rod and brake problems, I wasn't expecting it would be that much.
Please check here first before getting that sort of work (ie scheduled, not emergency work) done again, AND find a new dealer. Sorry it's too late for you now, but there IS no 30K service on Muranos. I'm not saying you might not have needed a tie rod - but that is very unlikely at only 30K, as were the alignment and rear brakes. And all of the things you got charged for (even if they were truly required) should have been only a fraction of $1K. IMHO, $359 is outrageous for a nonexistent 30K service.

In fact, please let us know who charged you for that `work', as others (especially women) should avoid that dealer.

Just for comparison purposes, at 81K my 04 SE hasn't had and isn't even close to any of the work you were subjected to. Except for rear brake pads which I did myself for $22 at 65K.

Again, so sorry for your loss. Just check here in the future before getting such service done on your Mo. We'll try to help you.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-19-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

I wish I would have found here before going there... All work done at Woodfield Nissan.

I felt something just wasn't right but I had to pick up my car, and the only way was to pay whole bill on the spot.

Thanks for your helpful msg.
post #4 of 7 Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
On the bright side, be thankful you didn't have a couple of kid's car seats on your back seat (or maybe you did????). In that case, I'm guessing your bill would have been 1 1/2 - 2 times what you paid.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
those recomended services at 15K miles / 30k miles /45k miles... etc. is a big waste of money. If you ever read what they are doing they are not actually doing any work.. its all inspection.. again.. never get those dealer recomended mantenance. Refer to the manual and get the actual work done. not an inspection..
post #6 of 7 Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 PM

B+B auto in Mchenry IL best ive ever seen !!!!

~Support The Troops ~ OIF VET ~
07 Murano SL AWD
04 Lexus IS300
post #7 of 7 Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would vote against Naperville's Nissan. The would not cover the right axle seal under CVT warranty (i think), but Downer Grove Nissan did it for me for free. Got free NS-2 filled also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: