Nissan Murano Forum banner

rear wiper

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Freedom55 
#1 ·
how do you get the rear wiper off on an 07 mo? i need to replace the blade and cant figure out how to get the stupid arm off!

#2 ·
To be quite honest, it's a pain changing the rear wiper on the mo's, you must do this with extreme care. First, note that you probably will not be able to find an after market wiper arm to fit as a replacement. So, you probably should go to a Nissan dealer and buy the replacement. I managed to replace just my wiper blade with an Anco 14" refill.
To remove the old wiper arm, you will need a small jeweler's screwdriver to use as a small pry bar. Lift up the wiper as far as it will go and look up under the plastic cover. In the exact center of the wiper blade is a small roll pin which is snapped into a retainer clip. On each side of this in there is a small opening. If you stick the screwdriver into the gap, then pry the roll pin out of the retainer clip. Once the pin is popped out the blade will slide freely. You will need to slide the arm towards you and then pull down past the plastic L shaped piece, the push the arm away from you ad slip it over the other L shaped piece. Note - you may need to bend the wiper arm slightly as you push or it will bump into the spring which is near then end where the wiper is mounted to the car.
Hope this helps!!

#3 · (Edited)
Anco, Trico and other companies have recently started manufacturing "exact fit" blade assemblies for rear wipers... here are a couple on Amazon.com:

Trico 14-B Exact Fit

Silblade RB114-B

The "-B" on the part number indicates the kind of connector you've got between the wiper arm and the blade assembly. Also with Amazon you are prompted to check if this product fits your vehicle.

My second gen takes a wimpy 12" blade. :-( I was considering experimenting with a 14" - there's plenty of room for it, just don't know if the curvature of the window would leave some unwiped area.

#4 ·
Just pop the entire wiper assembly off (it's only held on by one nut, though the first time you take it off it might be a tad snug) and change the blade with the instructions that come with it. When I did the rear wiper on my 04 a couple years ago, the blade was just under $18 from the dealer. While it's tougher to change than it should, or needs to be, it's really no big deal. After doing it once, it will only take you a few minutes if you ever need to do it again.

#5 ·
Changing the rear wiper on an 07 Murano is a piece of cake. I just did this on my 07.

Pop off the plastic cover at the base of the wiper - remove the nut and washer under it, NOTING the position of the wiper.

Install new wiper in same position - install washer and nut - replace plastic cover.

Maybe a 5 minute job the first time, less than that later.

#7 ·
I wondered when the time comes for a rear wiper blade change on the 14 if it was going to confound me like the 04.
Looks like this fellow youtubed it so maybe this will help others when the time comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkTADD-RJk

Looks like he did it one handed as he taped it.:eek:

#8 ·
I've removed the rear wiper blade on several vehicles before and I always put a little white lithium grease on the splines before reassembling it to make it easier next time. Snowmobile grease if you have some, works too as it's water resistant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.