User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Keyless Entry Alzheimers?

Has anyone had their keyless entry system get forgetful? First it was one fob, so I changed the battery in both, figuring the second would be following. But just two months later, now the car is playing games with both fobs, sometimes seeing them, sometimes not. Sometimes I'll just jangle or shake the remote and the car will recognize it again. And I know it isn't a loose battery or a dirty contact, I've checked that.

Since there are sensors all through the car and this happens on both doors and the back, it can't be a bad sensor either.

Is there anything to reset in the entry system? Or does this mean some secret and expensive part like a computer module has gone bad? Or maybe, just come loose, somewhere in there?

Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This may be the same issue I'm having. Sometimes FOB works, sometimes not. Lately it's more not. I just posted a new thread on this subject, so hopefully someone will have an answer.
#3 Old 12-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Red

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Following "well, we've got another good new battery in this other thing, let's see what happens" we swapped the new battery in the remote for a not-as-new battery in something else, and the problems went away. Contacted the company that made the battery that went dead so fast, and apparently all three of the major battery companies are finding counterfeit batteries, complete to the hologram seals. They sent a new one said to just throw out the old one. Apparently there's enough profit in batteries ($6 for one in the drugstore, $6 for five online) so that they're part of the lucrative counterfeit goods business these days. Sometimes they're even sold at the brand name stores, by managers who can't resist "I've got a bargain for you" guys walking in off the street.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: