DIY - Change your CVT Fluid - Page 10 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
post #136 of 139 Old 07-28-2016, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Starting to give the CVT some attention - 63K miles - no tow, 5 min wife commuter, no leaks or issues. First have to figure out the trick to get the lock off the dip stick. Perfectly designed to snap plastic it seems.
Called the dealer to investigate the fluids etc. They wouldn't be concerned until 100K+. Their routine is no flush, just drain and replace with same temp fluid to avoid displacement variable.
They want some of the old fluid to remain. $25 per quart/litre here for Nissan brand. I expect it will be $400 bill for dealer service.

2009 LE Merlot / Black leather / NAV / moonroof / Illuminated door sill
Weathertech Mats/ Nissan cargo mat
US import into Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 139 Old 07-28-2016, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJAM2009 View Post
Starting to give the CVT some attention - 63K miles - no tow, 5 min wife commuter, no leaks or issues. First have to figure out the trick to get the lock off the dip stick. Perfectly designed to snap plastic it seems.
Called the dealer to investigate the fluids etc. They wouldn't be concerned until 100K+. Their routine is no flush, just drain and replace with same temp fluid to avoid displacement variable.
They want some of the old fluid to remain. $25 per quart/litre here for Nissan brand. I expect it will be $400 bill for dealer service.
Dealer should do a CVT Deterioration Date analysis prior to doing any work on the CVT fluid. That analysis will tell you the condition of the fluid. At only 63K miles, it should be fine - especially if you aren't subjecting your car to any severe driving conditions.
post #138 of 139 Old 07-28-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
[QUOTE=nafddur;618689]Dealer should do a CVT Deterioration Date analysis prior to doing any work on the CVT fluid.

I asked the dealer what type of inspection they do on the fluid check. Another post mentioned some sort of test - name escapes - a shop can do. I assumed it was a Nissan test. Dealer here said they just do a visual test for colour and grit level, nothing more than that. Can you elaborate on the date analysis you mention?

2009 LE Merlot / Black leather / NAV / moonroof / Illuminated door sill
Weathertech Mats/ Nissan cargo mat
US import into Canada

post #139 of 139 Old 07-28-2016, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Oh yeah, going back through this thread, I realized that the dealer Consult analysis is indeed a CVT FLUID deterioration date analysis. It has been discussed here many times in recent years.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: