Spark Plug Replacement (how-to) - Page 6 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #76 of 84 Old 09-07-2014, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
The MAF cleaner disturbed the sensor that is why the idle relearn was necessary. I did not find the need to touch those because my throttle has no issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 84 Old 05-17-2015, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Where is everyone getting their plugs and PCV valves? I might be looking to change these out soon and want to stick with something good, or as close to OEM as possible...I would also like to save some money because I do not need a ton more spent on this car at the moment. Thanks!
post #78 of 84 Old 05-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Spark plugs in model X are the same thing no matter where you buy them. It doesn't matter, go for the best price. I figure that if the OEM plugs were good for 100K miles, then they're just as good for the replacements.

PCV valve? Haven't done one, but I'd go to a NAPA parts store for one. Go to NAPAonline.com for the part and to find a store near you.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo

post #79 of 84 Old 05-28-2015, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Changed my spark plugs today (with oem NGK's) and also threw in a new PCV valve. The job took a little bit longer than it should have, but I did not remove the wipers and cowl and had to feel for what still needed to be removed in the rear. Only had issues with the rear brackets on the manifold but would be able to pull them off very quickly now that I know how to get at them. Also, no light when I went and assembled everything back together.

Anyways, all plugs had large gaps but I wouldn't expect any different with the amount of miles my car has...I'm actually surprised they lasted as long as they did without any real issues. My only concern is that one plug had a bit of oil on it....all other plugs and their cylinders looked GREAT! The plug that had oil on it is in the rear, closest to the intake/throttle body side. I also noticed that this plug was the only one that was very loose when I went ahead to pull it out. How many others have found plugs with a bit of oil on them? I'm definetly not looking to rebuild my engine but wondered what, if anything, I can or should do to prolong my engine without running into any major issues....
post #80 of 84 Old 06-06-2015, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did the rear plugs and PCV today on our 2003. Did not remove the cowl. The hardest bolt for me was the 12mm you get to from the passenger side. Found it a little easier by unbolting the manifold and moving it a little for better access to the back. I thought about mounting it not to the intake but I think it is where it is because it's farther from the exhaust manifold so I put it back the way it was.

Add time for looking for your wrench you drop down the back of the motor. =)

Tape on the lower left arm helps reduce the bleeding. Some sharp stuff in there.

I also added some insulation to the air conditioning line that runs back there.

331 V8, 351 V8, 4.0 V8
post #81 of 84 Old 12-04-2015, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When I change my spark plugs and valve I broke the ends off some hoses and need to replace them as they are worn and brittle. Anyone know the diameter size of the VIAS and Vacuum canister hoses. The three smaller hoses in front of the manifold. Amazon has lengths vacuum hoses, but just list them in their mm diameter size. I was going to buy and cut to length. Any other recommendations?
post #82 of 84 Old 03-26-2016, 06:47 PM

How on earth do you get the bolts out of the upper support bracket???

2005 Murano SL, Glacier Pearl - (Curt hitch /w Nissan wiring harness, Optima Yellow Top)
post #83 of 84 Old 03-26-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoman View Post
How on earth do you get the bolts out of the upper support bracket???
Finally got them with a short socket and medium ratchet.

Now, where is the power steering hose bracket that is mentioned?

2005 Murano SL, Glacier Pearl - (Curt hitch /w Nissan wiring harness, Optima Yellow Top)
post #84 of 84 Old 06-09-2016, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Resurrecting an old thread here, but my 2005 Murano has 135,000 and needs plugs. I got quotes from the dealer, firestone, and local shop and they were $375, $425, and $450 respectively. Needless to say Iím going to do it myself at those prices. Parts will run about $85 on amazon.

I also need new valve cover gaskets (the Nissan manual calls them rocker cover gaskets). Since Iím already removing most of the components for plugs I figured Iíd go ahead and replace the gaskets.

I watched a video on youtube and looked at the service manual and it doesnít look too challenging. Has anyone attempted the valve cover gasket replacement and had any issues?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: