XM/IPOD install for '07 Murano - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
XM/IPOD install for '07 Murano

I have an '07 Murano SL with NAV and the Bose system. I would like to attempt to finally hook up the XM radio (which I seem to have a good idea of what to do from reading the posts here.)
My question is what do I need in order to be able to hook up the XM and also connect my Ipod? Is this possible or does it have to be either or?

Please let me know, I didn't want to start a topic but I couldn't seem to find a suitable answer after combing through all the topics.

Thank you,

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-06-2008, 09:17 AM

As far as I know it was either or.... due to the fact that the iPod connection uses the SAT input. I could be wrong, someone else chim in.

2003 SL AWD Black
#3 Old 07-06-2008, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
PAC2 will let you have both at the same time. I don't know about other aux units.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#4 Old 07-06-2008, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I suggest reading the main Ipod integration thread in its entirety. It's really long, but there is a lot of good info on there.

Nissan iPod integration (apple.com)

Basically, you CAN do both XM and the magic ipod box. If your ipod is plugged in, it plays that. If it's unplugged, then you get XM. You just need to get the correct ipod harness depending on whether you have satellite radio or not.

~ Corin

----------------------------------------
2005 MO SL AWD, Platinum w/ Charcoal Cloth, Sunroof Pkg, Tow Pkg, StonGard, Stainless "Z" Grill, air horns, ipod magic box, Garmin c320, Carseat
2014 Nissan Leaf (My second one)
#5 Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM

thanks for the feedback fellas

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: