DIY - Increasing / Improving the output of the OEM Bose Murano Subwoofer - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 25 Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It really only becomes an issue if something goes amiss with the audio system and you try to get the dealership to address it. If they can see any evidence of alterations, you "might" be in for an argument depending upon your relationship with the service manager.....I've seen and experienced first hand what happens when a dealership points to an aftermarket part and tries to make a claim that because of the "unauthorized replacement or modification" of a particular part, the warranty is void. My example of the cool air intake actually happened and is actually part of the car manufacturer's write up in the car warranty language. You have to look at the language in your car warranty...buried in the fine print. I haven't looked at the Nissan documentation so I dont' know what their disclaimers are. As I said, it's not an issue until something goes amiss, then the dance begins. That's why I don't intend to do any aftermarket mods to this car. I already had an issue with the rear facing DVD players in the headrests. They stopped working and I took it in to the dealership where I bought the dogone thing. The first thing the service manager did was disclaim any responsibility because it was an aftermarket part (this is Nissan service ). I told him that it was a Nissan install and a Nissan part. He disagreed and said Nissan didn't have those in inventory. He left and came back 10 minutes later and told me that he had run the serial number and model and that it was in fact a Nissan install for a loaded LE as recorded in the history of the vehicle....so they agreed to go in and found the power problem and fixed it....but not without my insistence that it wasn't an aftermarket product.

2009 Murano LE, white/tan, 48K miles; with all the amenities you can pack into this thing. Whoever had it first was obviously a doo-dad guy. Can't watch DVD movies because the headrest screens are facing backwards!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 07-01-2011, 01:50 AM

Again off topic but that stinks. So basically my car could have an ignition failure and I would be royally screwed because of the aftermarket remote start that I bought at the time of purchase (brand new purchase). Yuck! Hopefully this will never get to there

Its like a game of roulette with the warranty!
post #18 of 25 Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM

Good writeup, couple suggestions to make it a cleaner job that can be reversed.

1. Why destroy the OEM amp connector by snipping the wires? Pull the pins out of the connector housing and solder a second wire to each line, then push the pins back in to the housing.
2. Instead of using black electrically tape, use heat shrink for a more pro look that doesn't goo up and unwind over the summer heat like electrical tape.

Also, if the solution only requires boosting the power of the amp then it might be a better idea to replace mod the OEM amp with higher outputs to gain another 25w or so. I might make this a winter project....lol.
post #19 of 25 Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty McPatty View Post
Awesome writeup! Very thorough and I'm sure this will be a great help to many! I see you put in a 600 Watt amp. What is the wattage of the original Bose amp? Are you afraid you're going to overload the little speakers since it seemed to be designed for car navigation system a baby amp? What is your current gain setting on the Sony amp, and what is your Head Unit "Bass" setting?

Thanks!

Patrick
Hello it is an old thread but I would like to say it has been written in perfect manner. It is a great help for as I was looking to increase output of my woofers
post #20 of 25 Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM

Just so you know. In step one, you can use the hanger hook to hold up the spare tire lid. It's located on the right hand side of the under side of the lid. You can see it on the top right corner on the second last picture of post#2.
post #21 of 25 Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Is it possible to connect any of the other speakers to the amp, (which my amp allows) from the mounting location you selected . If so, is there an easy way to do it?
post #22 of 25 Old 05-21-2013, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone knows the wire gauge for the oem 12v wire for the subwoofer. I am interested in using it for a 50 RMS amp power subwoofer. Thanks.
post #23 of 25 Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow them speakers are small bit they pound stock. What are they 7's?
post #24 of 25 Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM

New here . But hey by any chance could you run a heavier power wire and install a fuse to the amp. Put in a aftermarket sub and box completely? And do you think that the rogue would have the same wiring. It identical to your pictures.
post #25 of 25 Old 12-14-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgemill4343 View Post
New here . But hey by any chance could you run a heavier power wire and install a fuse to the amp. Put in a aftermarket sub and box completely? And do you think that the rogue would have the same wiring. It identical to your pictures.
You can.

2012 Murano Bose Subwoofer replacement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: