Where to grab tweeter wire for Infinity 60.9 components .. - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where to grab tweeter wire for Infinity 60.9 components ..

Getting ready to put some 60.9i in my front door.Infinity - Car Audio.
It has a dedicated crossover which I want to install in the door. I am going to install the Infinity Tweeters in the dash. Can I find the tweeter wire in the door or is it somewhere else. I need that wire to go to the crossover. Any help in wiring this up would be really appreciated....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
333-

Regardless of where you mount the crossover you will need to run a separate set of wires from the door to the body.

There are plugged pass-throughs that you can use to run the wire.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#3 Old 12-16-2010, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I've been thinking about the same thing about installing some component speakers. As a matter of fact, I've been eyeballing some Infinity 60.9cs component speakers as well.

I have not been able to find where the tweets are wired in. I do know that the wires are buried in the dash but the exact location eludes me. When it comes time to upgrade my speakers, I'll probably fish them back from the dash. If it gets too complicated, I'll run new wire.

I was thinking about mounting the tweets in the door panel and simply unplugging the tweets in the dash. Would be a very clean installation.

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#4 Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I've been thinking about the same thing about installing some component speakers. As a matter of fact, I've been eyeballing some Infinity 60.9cs component speakers as well.

I have not been able to find where the tweets are wired in. I do know that the wires are buried in the dash but the exact location eludes me. When it comes time to upgrade my speakers, I'll probably fish them back from the dash. If it gets too complicated, I'll run new wire.

I was thinking about mounting the tweets in the door panel and simply unplugging the tweets in the dash. Would be a very clean installation.
I finished putting my 60.9 in last night... I ran a new wire to the tweets on the dash... there is a small rubber cap ( dime size) on the frame side that I pushed out,.. I made a small slit on that and pushed wire through. To get it into the door I made another small slit on the rubber grommet that holds the main bundle of wires, taped that up and zip tied it so it would not go anywhere. See photos, I need to finish it up a bit to look better. Also use a black wire to tweeters if you go this route as it will hide better. I will put a bead of silicone on the two places that I slit. To run the wire I pulled the air vent out and popped off ( lift up and pull towards you) the tweeter panel.. I threw out the old tweeter and rigged up a new mount using just dynamat, that stuff is really sticky. I kind of wadded up a ball of dynamat and stuck it that way. It is in the same location as the OEM tweeter was. It is very stable. I removed the tweeter screw retainers so they dont rattle. I put the crossover inside the door with dynamat to hold it in place. The car sounds so much better!!! My door panels are totally dynamat lined and are really really heavy now. I like that as I rather reduce outside/inside noise vs just cranking it up louder. My MO doors are Mercedes Benz like when you close your door. Your wires at the speakers are: Both back doors the red wire is (-) and for the fronts the blue and black is (-) and green is (-). I ran a set of 62.9 in the back.. I am very pleased with the sound and well worth the money!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00642.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	16321  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: