Murano2011 Nav/Phone/DVD/Cam ByPass Kit - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 176 Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Murano2011 Nav/Phone/DVD/Cam ByPass Kit

I should start by saying I have no financial interest in this kit. I am posting about it here solely because I installed the kit on my 2011 Murano LE and I am thrilled with it. I believe others should know such a kit is available. Nissan has crippled many features on the 2011 Murano with Nav and this kit over-rides things so the crippled features are fully functional. This kit has made my 2011 Murano LE with Nav more usable / enjoyable for me to use..

Thanks to the kit, I can now use my 2011 Murano with Nav without some restriction's imposed by Nissan.... With this kit, I have full, unrestricted use of the Nav system, full unrestricted use of my blue-tooth enabled cellphone. When I tow a trailer, I can now press a button on the BDL99 ByPass Kit Remote, the rear camera turns on and I can view the hitch and observe my loaded open trailer to assure tie downs are still in proper position, etc.... The rear camera also lets me, while driving forward, view the side blind spots where other vehicles lurk. This is terrific in bad traffic situations. Another plus is my front seat passenger can now watch DVD's while I am driving.. The kit is is totally non-invasive. No cutting of factory wires, etc..

As mentioned, this kit is only for the 2011 Murano with Nav. Very little dis-assembly of the Murano is necessary when installing the BDL ByPass Kit (Remote Based). I'd say pretty much anyone that can read very simple instructions and turn a Phillips head screwdriver can do the install. (obtain my install review below) In about 8 mins and 10 or so screws removed later you easily access the AV unit. Once access is gained, connect the kit (plug and play...easy) and then just reassemble (easy) and the install is complete. By the way, you don't even need to disconnect the Murano's battery prior to install.

So simple to install/use.... no technical skills, etc. needed. The fellow (no, not me) really has made a terrific, well thought out kit. For what he is charging $ wise ($149.99), the kit is a steal in my opinion. As you can see I'm really happy with the kit and what is does. When at a Nissan dealership's Service Dept. they would not have a clue the kit was installed. Unless you click the kit's remote the vehicle behaves as any vehicle without the kit would behave. Guess another point is when you sell the vehicle you can very easily remove the kit if you desire and resell it.

For those interested in a kit for their 2011 Murano with Nav, (Will only work with a 2011 Murano with Nav) email me at billarf01@optonline.net and I will reply to your email with info on how to contact the fellow that made the kit for me. I just contacted him and he has already made up a few more kits as I told him people here were interested. He was decent enough to make up more kits per my request.

I made up a little picture review with some instruction on the install of the BDL ByPass Kit (Remote based) I installed on my 2011 Murano with Nav. If you would like a looksee/a copy, feel free to download the zip file containing the Microsoft Word document. http://auffarth.com/BillFolder/Muran..._over-ride.zip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 176 Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Was just thinking I should mention that this bypass kit is also offered for the 2010-2011 GTR with Nav and the 2010/2011 370Z with Nav.

As for why this kit will not work for the the 2010 Murano and older Murano's but only for the 2011 Murano with Nav is because the 2011 Murano with Nav has the latest AV/Nav system from Nissan. This newer system uses a different plug on the AV unit which makes this kit install possible. I was fortunate enough to get the fellow to make a kit for my 2011 Murano with Nav which he is now making available to other 2011 Murano with Nav owner's.
post #3 of 176 Old 07-16-2011, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased this kit (got the information through BillArf) and wanted to post about my experience.

The install was painless - took less than 30 minutes - and it works as advertised. It comes with everything you need (down to the Velcro tape you need to secure the box behind the radio) except the phillips screwdriver. Instructions were very clear and included pictures that made the install go very smoothly. This is a very professionally done kit - no cutting wires, it doesn't look hacked together, and it's impossible to tell that it's there without removing the stereo panels.

As for the purchase process, I paid through Paypal, it was shipped quickly, and it was packaged nicely. BillArf and Brian, the guy who makes the kit, both provided information to help with installation. I was a little worried about purchasing a kit when I only had seen one person post about it (BillArf), so I wanted to post another positive experience to help anyone who might be on the fence about it.
post #4 of 176 Old 07-16-2011, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

jopo .... I knew you would be impressed with the kit's quality and how easy it is to install. That, along with it being something that does lets say wonders for the 2011 Murano with Nav. Grabbing one of these kits while available is a wise move for those 2011 Murano with Nav owner's. Reality is, if you have a pricey 2011 Murano with Nav, many of it's goodies are crippled thanks to Nissan. Crippled unless you do something about it. This kit over-rides the crippling and is well worth the little time to install,(easy, simple install) and the cost of the kit. Thanks for the feedback, jopo

p.s. I use a velcro tape fastener to fasten the kit's remote to the bottom side of the center console drink holder cover door. I can open the door, and press any button without even pulling the remote off the door. Easy access, out of sight. Does not interfere with placing drink vessels in the holder.

post #5 of 176 Old 07-18-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How about a kit for the 09??

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
post #6 of 176 Old 07-18-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
How about a kit for the 09??
Unfortunately, the fellow that makes the kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav cannot get the 40pin socket that is used in the '09's. (different then the 2011) He's tried every source in Japan, USA, etc. and just can't find one socket let alone a supplier of many. He'd like to do a kit for the '09' but is unable to because of socket availability. Now, if you are not afraid to cut some wires going to your '09 AV unit and joining the resulting ends to the BDL99 ByPass (Remote Based) harness then you can take advantage of the kit made for the 2011 Murano LE with Nav. Just a matter of you being willing to wires. Let me know if you would be interested in the kit which you would adapt to your '09.
post #7 of 176 Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
Unfortunately, the fellow that makes the kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav cannot get the 40pin socket that is used in the '09's. (different then the 2011) He's tried every source in Japan, USA, etc. and just can't find one socket let alone a supplier of many. He'd like to do a kit for the '09' but is unable to because of socket availability. Now, if you are not afraid to cut some wires going to your '09 AV unit and joining the resulting ends to the BDL99 ByPass (Remote Based) harness then you can take advantage of the kit made for the 2011 Murano LE with Nav. Just a matter of you being willing to wires. Let me know if you would be interested in the kit which you would adapt to your '09.
Thanks for the response! Much appreciated. I don't think that I'm willing to cut and splice behind the radio. Just chicken I guess.....

2012 Infiniti FX 35 Midnight Mocha
2010 Lexus GS 350 AWD Smokey Granite Mica
2009 Murano LE Silver (gone)
2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Flint Mica (gone)
2005 Lexus RX 330 Thundercloud (gone)
2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD Flint Mica(gone)
2001 Lexus RX 300 (gone)

The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security
post #8 of 176 Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
When I moved my screen on my 04 (I added a carputer so I needed to install a VGA touchscreen in its place) I cut all the wires going to the monitor and added a two foot extension so that the OEM screen couuld be mounted below the radio. As long as you connect the wires back correctly (solder, shrink wrap, etc.) you should be ok.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
post #9 of 176 Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

The fellow that is doing the ByPass kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav may just have found a source for the connector that would allow him to make a ByPass kit for the 2009 and 2010 Murano with Nav. Are there any 2009, 2010 owner's interested in the ByPass kit? It would probably sell for $149.00. Post interest here as it will encourage the fellow to move ahead with a ByPass kit for the 2009 - 2010 Murano with Nav.

eeeee
post #10 of 176 Old 07-25-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
The fellow that is doing the ByPass kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav may just have found a source for the connector that would allow him to make a ByPass kit for the 2009 and 2010 Murano with Nav. Are there any 2009, 2010 owner's interested in the ByPass kit? It would probably sell for $149.00. Post interest here as it will encourage the fellow to move ahead with a ByPass kit for the 2009 - 2010 Murano with Nav.
I'd be interested, for my wife's 2009 Murano LE. Any other pictures or installation instructions available?
post #11 of 176 Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarWash2 View Post
I'd be interested, for my wife's 2009 Murano LE. Any other pictures or installation instructions available?
Kit for the '09 Murano is not available yet but hopefully in the near future.
I will post here if and when it is available.

eeeee
post #12 of 176 Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 PM

Bill,

New to the forum & definitely interested in this kit for my 10'.

Here's my email lex.ortiz@hotmail.com please let me know purchase instructions and I am in...

Thanks!!!

Present:
2010 Nissan Murano SL
2011 Scion TC
2008 Suzuki M109 Boulevard (The Beast!!!)

Past:
2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe (sold)
2008 Yamaha R1 (sold)
2005 Acura TL (totaled)
2000 Civic Si (stolen twice , total loss)
1996 Ford Taurus (what was I thinking )
1991 Civic Lx (sold)
1988 Civic Dx (sold)
post #13 of 176 Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGLex View Post
Bill,

New to the forum & definitely interested in this kit for my 10'.

Here's my email lex.ortiz@hotmail.com please let me know purchase instructions and I am in...

Thanks!!!
The kit for the 2011 Murano with Nav is what is currently being offered. Hopefully a kit will be offered in the near future for the '09 - '10 Muranos with Nav.

eeeee
post #14 of 176 Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 PM

I'm interested for an 09 S model
post #15 of 176 Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 PM

I answered in the other forum, but please put my name down as being interested in an '09 kit.

Thanks

Roger M.
2009 Loaded SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: