User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #436 of 538 Old 09-14-2008, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by hedgehog
For all of those with older Nissan Murano's, I *highly* recommend the PAC Auxiliary Audio input... I too (as you can see from the prior posting) was looking for an iPod only interface...after a complete non-response from dealers, this forum and contacting the various vendors I gave the $99 option a shot. It resulted in me running two RCA patch cables to my glove box (completely hidden though the console area - completed in 2 hours) and now allows me to use an iPod, Zune and even the kids DVD player and games. It was cheaper, easy to install (even in my "odd" configuration, non-SAT, Bose) and just plain 'ole works. The quality is as good or better than the CD even though, I too, was skeptical about using the audio input over a direct iPod connection. It also provides two inputs so I can switch between iPod/Zune and/or the kids games whereas I'd be locked with an iPod only. (Charging is fine because I store that in the interior glove box -- yes two cables -- but doesn't impact me enough to care.)

Also, the more I looked into the iPod interfaces there were some serious limitations with how many characters would display (limited to 14, I think?) and the skipping of tracks was supposed to be flaky. Try the $99 solution first, and worst case, return it to amazon -- they have a 30 day return / refund policy.

Had I reviewed it on Amazon, I'd be giving it 5 stars...(i didn't have any of the 3 problems listed..and if a ground loop isolation is needed, it's cheap.)

http://www.amazon.com/AAI-NIS2-Auxil.../dp/B00065L0C6
Can I control the iPod from my stereo controls?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #437 of 538 Old 09-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Not with the PAC auxiliary device. However, in my case with the 2003, I've heard that the controls for the iPod via the steering wheel were flaky. e.g. you must press and hold for 1-second to change track. In a friends system they even had issues with the newer iPod systems...(that's all second hand.) I'm not an expert with the PAC vs. iPOD interface, though sharing that I'm happy with my install now.
post #438 of 538 Old 09-14-2008, 06:02 PM

Thanks hedgehog. I think I might give it a go.
post #439 of 538 Old 09-22-2008, 08:18 PM

I've installed my ipod adapter and LOVE it! Thanks to everyone who did the research on this and provided information. It all helped.

I have one issue. I installed the magic box under the center console in the back (the back fabric panel pulls off and there's space to install there). I want to run the ipod connection cable to my center console (the deep storage area), but it appears there's metal running all along underneath the console. Where have others drilled the hole in the console to run the cable through?
post #440 of 538 Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 AM

kelster, I've sent you a pm but for the benefit of everyone else, I'll answer here too. I put the "magic box" under the passenger seat and ran the black IPod cable up to the seam in the center console. There is a split between the carpeted section and plastic upper section. I fished it in there while the center console was removed (the part with the gear shifter) and drilled my hole under the lighter plug in the front of the lower box. This allows me to have my ipod in the lower compartment or the upper compartement since there is a small passthrough at the lighter. I usually leave it in the top area so it is easier to remove when I switch vehicles.
You may want to pull your black ipod cable out the bottom of the console, and run it up the side and back in where I did. If you do this next to the seat, it will be well hidden, however you need to be carefull of the seat rails as the chair movement will slice your cable very cleanly if not tied out of the way.

05 SE AWD Merlot +
09 LE AWD Graphite
post #441 of 538 Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 PM

All,

I have a question after reading this whole thread. If I order the http://www.amazon.com/AAI-NIS2-Auxil.../dp/B00065L0C6 (PAC AAI-NIS2) can I use it on my 2005 SL which has the NON BOSE Radio? Do I just install it and use a RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable to plug into the headphone socket of my 3G Iphone?

I am using a Kensington FM Transmitter and am really tired of it but do not want to spend $200+ for the IPOD Integration kit.

Thanks
Dylan
post #442 of 538 Old 12-06-2008, 09:58 PM

hi guys, i have mo 04 with 6 cd bose audio with sat button but not installed...what part/s do i need to integrate my ipod touch...and where do i buy it...appreciate any help
post #443 of 538 Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Jasher, search for threads from me as I have the same setup as you excpet I have an 05. Not sure when they started prewiring for SAT, but I think it was 04. Check behind your passenger rear seat for a white unused molex plug.

05 SE AWD Merlot +
09 LE AWD Graphite
post #444 of 538 Old 12-15-2008, 01:07 PM

what's the part number/s of the ipod integration kit and where can i buy it???
thank
post #445 of 538 Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM

I am also interested in hooking up my Ipod in my 07 Murano with Bose stereo, pre-wired for SAT, and without NAV.

From reading a million forums, the NIssan part numbers were 999U7-VS000 (harness) and 999U7-VR002 (adapter) to hook the ipod into the satellite plug behind the rear seats. However, my local Nissan guy says now that 999U7-VR002 is now gone and replaced by 999U7-ST002. I have no idea if this still works? As the parts are officially for a Titan, he has no idea if this will work in a Murano.

Since I lease the car, I'd like to avoid screwing around with the radio and hooking up the ipod behind there. I'd rather just plug it into the rear satelitte input.

Can anyone help?
post #446 of 538 Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by murano2007kobe
I am also interested in hooking up my Ipod in my 07 Murano with Bose stereo, pre-wired for SAT, and without NAV.

From reading a million forums, the NIssan part numbers were 999U7-VS000 (harness) and 999U7-VR002 (adapter) to hook the ipod into the satellite plug behind the rear seats. However, my local Nissan guy says now that 999U7-VR002 is now gone and replaced by 999U7-ST002. I have no idea if this still works? As the parts are officially for a Titan, he has no idea if this will work in a Murano.

Since I lease the car, I'd like to avoid screwing around with the radio and hooking up the ipod behind there. I'd rather just plug it into the rear satelitte input.

Can anyone help?

I have been using these parts on my 2006 murano for over a year. Works great with the iPhone. You press the Radio button to toggle through AM/FM and then iPod/XM. You use the Cat/Folder button to select the iPod menus. The Seek button acts as the enter key. The tuning knob allows you to quickly scroll through the song names etc...
Easy to install.

I have parts 999U7-VS000 (Harness Type B) and 999U7-VR002 (iPod adapter).
I'm returning my murano in a couple of weeks, lease is up, so I longer need these cables.
If anyone is interested please let me know. Selling them for $100.

thanks
post #447 of 538 Old 01-11-2009, 03:33 AM

I just bought 999U7-ST002.I tried it awhile ago and it worked.
post #448 of 538 Old 01-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Jasher - Have you tried the iPhone 3g with the 999U7-ST002, and if so does it charge the phone as well? Lots of adapters don't seem to charge the new 3g because Apple dropped the fire wire charging for all their newest generation devices.
post #449 of 538 Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 PM

sorry i dont have an iphone yet...
post #450 of 538 Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickTicket
Jasher - Have you tried the iPhone 3g with the 999U7-ST002, and if so does it charge the phone as well? Lots of adapters don't seem to charge the new 3g because Apple dropped the fire wire charging for all their newest generation devices.
I've posted about this at some point, can't remember if it was on this thread or not.

On my 2005 (behavior should be the same up through 2007 for SL/SE with or without sat, not sure about 2009 or S models) the OLD iPhone (non-3G) charged perfectly fine, but the 3G version does NOT. Like other accessories that have this same problem, all the other functionality works perfectly fine, it just doesn't charge.

There are a couple ways around it. I found one charger system that plugs into USB, and has a cigarette lighter adapter to USB, but it caused static in my music which sucked. I still have it as an emergency backup, but it's definitely not worth it.

The best solution I've found is this little gem:
http://www.cablejive.com/chargeconverter.html
Works perfectly, but is pricey.

~ Corin

----------------------------------------
2005 MO SL AWD, Platinum w/ Charcoal Cloth, Sunroof Pkg, Tow Pkg, StonGard, Stainless "Z" Grill, air horns, ipod magic box, Garmin c320, Carseat
2014 Nissan Leaf (My second one)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: