How to remove the plastic on the rear hatch... - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 03-30-2006, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How to remove the plastic on the rear hatch...

Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cover on the rear hatch? Thanks.
Glenn

'04 Silver AWD, Touring Pkg, Leather, Sunroof, JL Audio 300/4 and 300/2 Amps, JL Audio 12w3 Sub, MB Quart RCE216s front and rear, B-Quiet Extreme sound deadening, Sirius SAT lifetime member, Nissan Crossbars, Cloud Rider Screen, Valley Industries Class II Hitch, Nissan Tow Wire Harness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-30-2006, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Looking at the bottom edge of the plastic you will notice a few round clips (I think four of them) with round centers. Get something small but not sharp and push the centers in. That unlocks the clips and you can now pull them out. Then slowly (but vey carfully) pull the plastic off of the gate. There are other clips (spring loaded pressure clips) that are located all around under the plastic (which you cannot see) so be very carefull as you lift the plastic, and reach under it when possible to help with popping the hidden clips.

When reinstalling, ensure that all internal clips are lined up and you can hear (and feel) them poping back in under small (but firm) pressure. If not, remove and try again until you get it right. The last step should be the round clips. Push the centers out, insert the clips into the plastic, and then push the centers in to lock them in place.

Hope this helps....

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#3 Old 03-30-2006, 12:16 PM

Was that the cover you are referring too or perhaps the third brake light cover? The third brake light cover just pulls out. Gently pry with something flatt from one end... I don't remember which end as it "hinges" in. Sorry.

2003 SL AWD Black
#4 Old 03-30-2006, 12:29 PM

Re: How to remove the plastic on the rear hatch...

Quote:
Originally posted by gseepes
Does anyone know how to remove the plastic cover on the rear hatch? Thanks.
Glenn
last night I logged onto http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/ and download the complete service manual for the 2004 & 2005 muranos in PDF format. (the 06 wasnt listed, but I don't think there were any changes between the two years).

It tells you about every last part of the nuramo and how to take it apart and repair.

costs $20 bucks to get a membership for a day (day ending at midnight) and you'll have access to everything you'll need.

You'll need to download each part one by one, I think its in 43 parts... just save the parts to a folder and when you finish back it up so you'll have it if needed. (burn to cd)

The total size was about 100 MB for each manual (I got both 04 & 05 becase I could) took me about an hour to download both with comcast cable modem. if you're using a dialup modem, its going to take you all day, and you'll have to babysit it too.

Why are you taking off the back hatch? sound proofing?

2004 Murano SL AWD Black/Black Leather ~ Remote Starter ~ Cargo Area Protector ~ K&N Hi-Flow AF ~ Bug Deflector ~ Window Deflectors ~ Rear Bumper Protector ~ Nissan iPod Interface

Want to add, sound proofing ~ under hood radar detector ~ tinted front windows to match the back tint ~ Waiting on clearguard.com tail-light tinting film and Chrome dipped oem Rims from lawheels.com
#5 Old 03-30-2006, 01:26 PM

'Why are you taking off the back hatch? sound proofing?'

You guessed it, I'm adding sound proofing. Thanks for the help.
Glenn

'04 Silver AWD, Touring Pkg, Leather, Sunroof, JL Audio 300/4 and 300/2 Amps, JL Audio 12w3 Sub, MB Quart RCE216s front and rear, B-Quiet Extreme sound deadening, Sirius SAT lifetime member, Nissan Crossbars, Cloud Rider Screen, Valley Industries Class II Hitch, Nissan Tow Wire Harness
#6 Old 04-07-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gseepes
You guessed it, I'm adding sound proofing. Thanks for the help.
Glenn
What sound proofing are you using? Take some photos!

I'm going to add sound proofing to all doors once it gets warmer out, I think if its to cold it will not stick... waiting for it to get 70 degress or above (over night).

2004 Murano SL AWD Black/Black Leather ~ Remote Starter ~ Cargo Area Protector ~ K&N Hi-Flow AF ~ Bug Deflector ~ Window Deflectors ~ Rear Bumper Protector ~ Nissan iPod Interface

Want to add, sound proofing ~ under hood radar detector ~ tinted front windows to match the back tint ~ Waiting on clearguard.com tail-light tinting film and Chrome dipped oem Rims from lawheels.com
#7 Old 04-10-2006, 06:29 AM

I went with this

http://www.b-quiet.com/extreme.html

When I did the spare tire area, it was pretty cold out. I just re-rolled it when it got warmer. I'm glad I did it. Much quieter.

So far, I've done the spare tire area, the rear hatch, and the front passenger door. I purchased the 50 ft roll ($80 on ebay with a roller), and I've got enough left to do the driver door for sure, maybe enough for the rears too.

#8 Old 04-10-2006, 06:44 AM

gseepes

when you did the doors, did you do both door skins? What made the biggest impact? I am about to do the same so any suggestion would be appreciated...

had: 03 MO SL, Gold, 2WD, Premium, leather, sunroof, Mobil 1, B-Quiet, Garmin Nuvi 250W, Fumoto oil valve, HIR's in fogs
08 CTS 304 HP Direct Injection Engine. Fully loaded with every option except AWD
04 FX35, AWD, Touring loaded, Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT, Fumoto oil valve
Dream car: Ferrari Italia
------------------------------------------------

"It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast" - Enzo Ferrari
#9 Old 04-10-2006, 06:58 AM

When I did the passenger door, I only did the inner most metal area (where the door snaps into).
What other skin are you referring to?

I still need to do the drivers door, and the 2 rear doors.

Not all that hard to do, just takes a bunch of time. I just wish Nissan had done this for us.
Good luck with your install.

#10 Old 04-10-2006, 07:55 AM

gseepes

I was refering to the outer skin meaning the outside metal area. But it woul dbe more difficult as you need to get inside the door. Apparently it makes a lot of difference.

had: 03 MO SL, Gold, 2WD, Premium, leather, sunroof, Mobil 1, B-Quiet, Garmin Nuvi 250W, Fumoto oil valve, HIR's in fogs
08 CTS 304 HP Direct Injection Engine. Fully loaded with every option except AWD
04 FX35, AWD, Touring loaded, Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT, Fumoto oil valve
Dream car: Ferrari Italia
------------------------------------------------

"It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast" - Enzo Ferrari

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: