Cargo Net - Nissan Murano Forum
View Poll Results: Where is your cargo net right now ?
Cargo net is always set up 30 27.52%
Cargo net is setup for use and removed after 18 16.51%
Cargo net is never used 61 55.96%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 04-13-2005, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cargo Net

I was wondering if anyone uses their cargo net? I haven't, but I went food shopping for the first time and wow... either I need to slow my driving down around turns, or I'm going to start using the cargo net. Nothing stayed put.

Any pictures out there for the best way to hook up the net ? I've personally found two different ways so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2005, 12:13 PM

Used it one time to hold some stuff down over the cargo floor. I like the cargo organizer better. It holds plenty of grocery sacks, a toolbox, etc.

Dale
Former Owner - '03 SL AWD Sunlit Copper, Charcoal Leather, Premium Pkg, HID, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, Zelmosan 47uf Tweeter Mod, Viper 591XV Remote Start, ending MOdometer 71,233 mi
'08 Toyota Prius - avg. 42 mpg without even trying!
#3 Old 04-13-2005, 12:18 PM

I used the cargo net all the time for groceries to make sure things didn't get thrown all over the back of the car. But I've now gotten the cargo organizer, and I like it much better! It does a great job of holding things in place and easily folds up out of the way when not needed.

Tex
#4 Old 04-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
The Cargo Protector is so slippery you have to have something there to hold your stuff. So my cargo net is always up and used all the time.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#5 Old 04-13-2005, 01:42 PM

Does anyone have pictures (closed & open) of the cargo organizer? Prices and places of purchase?
#6 Old 04-13-2005, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGymKid
Does anyone have pictures (closed & open) of the cargo organizer? Prices and places of purchase?
I would also be interested in some good pictures and a detailed description of how it works and how much you like/use it. All the pics online that I have seen have been very small or very poor quality images, and I can't tell how well it would work and if it's really worth the price.

~ Corin

----------------------------------------
2005 MO SL AWD, Platinum w/ Charcoal Cloth, Sunroof Pkg, Tow Pkg, StonGard, Stainless "Z" Grill, air horns, ipod magic box, Garmin c320, Carseat
2014 Nissan Leaf (My second one)
#7 Old 04-13-2005, 02:45 PM

I never use mine because I've never figured out exactly how to get it set up. Guess I'm cargo net impaired. Pictures of a properly set up net would be great if anyone has them.

As an alternative to the net, I have my groceries bagged in plastic and then hook them on the little hooks on the back of the rear seat head rests. Kind of a pain to reach in and hook them, but keeps the groceries from scattering all over the back.

04 SE AWD
Black/Charcoal
Touring Package
Sirius SAT
Hard Wired Valentine 1
#8 Old 04-13-2005, 02:59 PM

As an alternative to the net, I have my groceries bagged in plastic and then hook them on the little hooks on the back of the rear seat head rests.

The rear seats on my Morano have little bars on them. Did you buy hooks to hook into those little bars? How else would you have hooks? Did it come with Grocery hooks? A picture would be appreciated as groceries is my life (I know it's sad)

Sunlit Copper 2005 SE/Charcoal Leather/All the bells and whistles including rear sensors
#9 Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 PM

I will try to snap some pictures tonight and post them.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#10 Old 04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Super Senior Member

I've tried to use the cargo net as a basket at the front of the trunk opening using the upper and lower loops. Unfortunately, the cords cannot stretch that far to make it happen. Luckily I kept the cargo net from my old Maxima and that has a much better reach.

It's a shame that the Mo's cago net can only be used to keep down items in the trunk and not hold them, as I mentioned above.

2005 Murano SL AWD - Midnight Blue/Charcoal, Touring, Tech, VDC
#11 Old 04-13-2005, 03:21 PM

I set mine up like an envelope. I just pull it open and put things inside it. It also works as a divider... you can see I have my golf clubs behind the net and can use the front side of the net for other things. Here are some pictures I took real fast a few min's ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cargo net 1.jpg
Views:	3719
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	10789  
#12 Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 PM

This is how I hooked it up....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cargo net 2.jpg
Views:	1360
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	10790  
#13 Old 04-13-2005, 03:25 PM

Here I am pulling it apart and putting a bag in.. it holds it there pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cargo net 5.jpg
Views:	2431
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	10791  
#14 Old 04-13-2005, 03:43 PM

I have mine set-up exactly as TheGymKid has except rather than making an envelope, I have one side connected to the rings on the floor right behind the back seats so the net is sort of "L" shaped. I place the grocery bags between the net and the rear hatch, and when I have something that needs to be secured down, I slide it under the net.

#15 Old 04-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Super Senior Member

My Murano didn't come with a net, so I had to purchase one. I bought the hammock (envelope) style for around $23 and I use it all the time. Great for groceries and any other small items.

Copper/Charcoal SL, Muth Signal Mirrors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: