How many SUV's have you owned? - Page 3 - Nissan Murano Forum
View Poll Results: How many SUV's have you owned???
1 - murano is my first 72 33.96%
2 61 28.77%
3 44 20.75%
4 19 8.96%
5 6 2.83%
6 or more 10 4.72%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 67 Old 05-27-2004, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It all started with a '91 Pathfinder (LOVED that one). Then we moved from CA to MI and were concerned about driving an import nameplate (plus it was only 2WD), so we sold it and got a '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Biggest mistake of my life - the only thing positive I can say about it is that it handled the winter roads very well. Other than that, it was too small, too noisy, and cheaply made.

I got rid of the Jeep and went with a '97 Expedition. I still have it and love it almost as much as my Pathfinder. Now I've added the Murano to the "fleet" and it handles the daily driver chores when my summer car is in storage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 Old 05-27-2004, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm amazed at the number of people who refuse to classify the MO as an SUV. Granted it's not a huge truck like a suburban or expidition, but then again it certainly isn't a car.

I was looking at the Volvo V70R (wagon). That is a very large car, lots of room, etc. When testing driving, we took the V70 home as part of the drive and pulled it into our driveway. Seemed like a VERY big car compared to my Del Sol and my wife's Prizm. But still definitely a car.

We did the same thing with the MO. Now, we had just test driven a lot of different SUVs (Highlander, Pilot, Pacifica <gag>, MDX, Tourag, etc) so the MO seemed quite small. But when we pulled it into our driveway we could definitely tell that this was an SUV.

So people usually call it a cross-over. I don't. I consider a cross-over to be something more like a Subaru Forrester or a Toyota Rav 4. Something that has some of the abilities of an SUV, but is still a car. There are only two things that are NOT truely SUV-like in the MO:
1) Off-road ability (although there are a lot of SUVs that don't do well off-road anyway)
2) Handling (MO handles very well for as large as it is).

Still, I definitely consider the MO to be an SUV, albeit a good compromise for someone like myself who hates the standard SUV concept.

Of course, I also don't consider the excursion or suburban to be SUVs either. I consider those more of a BUS (or maybe just a "truck" in the generic sense). Really, is there ANYTHING sporty about them? Remember, the S stands for SPORT...

<ok, I'll now stop my venting and go back to sitting on the bench waiting for the 2005 to come out>

~ Corin
post #33 of 67 Old 09-21-2004, 02:46 PM

This is number 2. First was a 01 Pathfinder LE. Loved it.

04 Pewter SE AWD
Loaded -Nav
post #34 of 67 Old 09-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Super Senior Member

The Mo is my second SUV, although I've heard it described as a crossover SUV.

My 1st was a 1993 Jeep GC with 138,000 miles that I traded on the 04 MO.

2004 Polished Pewter, SL AWD, Touring, No Nav, Custom Body Moldings
post #35 of 67 Old 09-21-2004, 04:08 PM

99 Ford Expedition XLT
00 Ford Sport Trac
04 Nissan Armada SE
04 Nissan Murano SE

Taste comes with age...

2007 Silver Murano SL 2WD

2008 Red Brawn Armada SL 2WD
post #36 of 67 Old 09-21-2004, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
MO is a SUV for sure. It is sporty and you can use it to haul stuff around and it is a vehicle. Off road use? You get a Jeep or a Land Rover for that!

MO is #3 for me

2004 MO
2001 4-Runner
1997 CR-V (Not really a SUV because there is nothing sporty about it!)

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #37 of 67 Old 12-05-2004, 04:33 AM

Yoo Hoo.. what about ZERO.
This is my first.

04 SL AWD, Bordeaux/Latte Leather, Touring, Splash Guards, Carpeted Floor Mats + Rubber Floor Mats, Cargo Protector, Rear Bumper Protector.
Nothing too fancy yet... =)
post #38 of 67 Old 12-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I join the ranks this is my first and need a zero choice (unless I make the trade then the 1 is correct let you all know) This is like an extended family. GRIP

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.
post #39 of 67 Old 12-06-2004, 09:12 PM

Ford Explorer
Nissan Pathfinder
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Toyota RAV 4
Jeep Liberty
Nissan Murano

'09 Murano LE Platinum Graphite
post #40 of 67 Old 12-07-2004, 07:18 AM

SUV's two. If you count how many vehicles you drove off road, like SUV's, I've done that with all of them. Including a rental car in SoCal. I remember going into the off-road section of Mulholland (sp?) Drive and a guy with a jacked up 4x4 with huge wheels saying "I wouldn't take that in there!". Had to go slowly in a couple of spots, but otherwise it was a breeze. The rental guys were scratching their heads about the mud on the car.

How many people with SUV's on the road actually take them off the road? Very little....

That's why the Murano's so perfect. There's things we like about SUV's that it has, and things we like about cars that it has.

The perfect mix.

The Nissan Murano... Love at first drive!
But this is what I drive these days... Does a 12.21 second 1/4 mile @117.7 mph.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Coming next spring... a 440 Hemi. That should kick some behind.
post #41 of 67 Old 12-07-2004, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by jaak
SUV's two. If you count how many vehicles you drove off road, like SUV's, I've done that with all of them. Including a rental car in SoCal. I remember going into the off-road section of Mulholland (sp?) Drive and a guy with a jacked up 4x4 with huge wheels saying "I wouldn't take that in there!". Had to go slowly in a couple of spots, but otherwise it was a breeze. The rental guys were scratching their heads about the mud on the car.
Let this be a good lesson to those who buy cars that were rentals before!

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #42 of 67 Old 12-07-2004, 01:29 PM

Is the Murano an SUV?
Ofcourse it is, its the perfect SUV and that is why we all have one.

Sport = It sure is sporty, what an engine!
Utility = Just drove home from the cabin, 3 adults, one 7 foot Christmas tree pulling a boat.
Vehicle = yes it is that also

This is my second, 1st was an 88 Blazer, not much sport in her, but lots of utility.

Silver '04 SL AWD
Touring pkg with black leather
post #43 of 67 Old 12-07-2004, 10:20 PM

88 Blazer... Cool, I had an 88 Jimmy. Other than the two transmissions and one engine (broken crankshaft) it was great...

The Nissan Murano... Love at first drive!
But this is what I drive these days... Does a 12.21 second 1/4 mile @117.7 mph.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Coming next spring... a 440 Hemi. That should kick some behind.
post #44 of 67 Old 12-29-2004, 02:11 AM

My first SUV was a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee then traded it in for my Murano.

<b>2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD</b>
Super Black, Premium Package
post #45 of 67 Old 12-29-2004, 02:41 AM
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I guess I need a new vote Murano was my First and Second

Previous Owner of, The Mod Mo, 05, SL, FWD, Platinum, Charcoal Leather, Touring, Technology Pkgs., TPMS etc. Chrome Wheels, Roof Rack Bbars. Cargo Protector. Extended Warranty, X-Tire, AutoMate. Leatherique treated leather. Diamond Window Tint, Tires 3 step balanced. Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grill. Glass VIN etch, Debadged. Silver Painted Calipers. 1300F Ceramic painted Muffler. B-Quite Supreme, sound matting. External Sound ndercoated. White Led Parking Lights. Led Front Door Entrance Lights. Yellow Ion Fogs. Silver-Amber Front Turn Signals. Hella 100 Watt @ 5000K Driving Lights. SAT receiver–Delphi XM Roady2 Hidden Antenna install. Fan cooled Inverter AC to Xbox. MTX 200 watt auto on Amp deciated power to Bose Sub Woofer. PAC-Niss dual aux in for Sat and X Box audio. Generator Labs NoNag modded Rear Camera. “NAV Box" W/Modded X Box X2 Chip. DVD’s, MP3 & JPEG pics ,160 gig HD / Wireless Lynksis 802.11G Ethernet link. Runs Xbox Media Center. rear Bumper Protector. Selectable Horns: OEM MO/WoLo air. Tinted Tails-Bright bulbs. Tweeters tilted + 19uf mod. Lower Grill Stone Shield. Front Floor Amber Courtesy Lights. Chrome over Stainless Rocker Bars. Wireless LED Turn Signal Mirrors. Top mounted Led Stop Light modded with The backoff.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: