• No

Votes: 85 62.5%
  • Still thinkging about it

Votes: 25 18.4%

Did you debadge your MO?

23K views 71 replies 37 participants last post by  Cryogenix1 
#1 ·
I did, but I do it to all of my cars. :cool:
Makes waxing a little easier & I know what type of car I have.

#2 ·
I got out the hairdryer and took the dealer thingy off.
I always do.
I'm proud that it says Murano, and don't mind that it says SL.
Dif Stoke. Dif folk.

Homer

#3 ·
I didn't debadge mine, but Like Homer, if the dealer had put any dealer adv. on it, that would be gone in a second.. I'm happy to leave the fake plate on until I get my real plates, but once that's up, so is their free advertizing.

I actually went with a MO that had aftermarket gunmetal badging done to it.. I think it gives better contrast then the chrome on silver that is stock (given that I have a silver mo..)

#5 ·
I don't mind having badges , however steel finish doesn't blend quite well with my blue MO - looks cheap. Might try some other finishes on computer first and then get it plated.

In the same breath , I hate the cheap plastic front grille. I am monitoring discussions on front grille closely and once ready , will change that first.

pkhona

#7 ·
esemes - a little bug & tar remover works fine.
Mine left very little residue anyway since I did it the first week I bought it. ;)

#9 ·
results

well, the adhesive was so stinkin tough to get off, i just de-SL'd her for now....

guess i needta do em all soon, or live with them.......

any tips on the adhesive (tried bug and tar, but the stuff still took me at least 20 minutes)..... also, i had to strip, and carnuba the thing to eliminate the shadows left underneath (car is two weeks old)
'

Attachments

#11 ·
es - sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I've been away for a couple of days.
For future referrence there's a product called painters friend that also really breaks down the glue.
It sounds like you had a rough time.
What was the build date on your MO?

I must say I really like those clean rear ends!!!! :2: :2: :2:

#12 ·
KSmurano said:
es - sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I've been away for a couple of days.
For future referrence there's a product called painters friend that also really breaks down the glue.
It sounds like you had a rough time.
What was the build date on your MO?

I must say I really like those clean rear ends!!!! :2: :2: :2:

HEY KS

(see my lame-o text sig.... born on date of 02/03)

also, there's a slight 'ghosting' effect from where the letters made contact with the finish.......

i have carnuba'd and polished the heck out of it........ slightly noticable to me, but , will it fade???

Attachments

#13 ·
Well, i don't see any problem. Looks good to me.

But I will have to admit that my 6-03 born date and the fact that I only pulled the dealer fake chrome off that had only been on a couple of weeks, probably helped me.

Wild guess - are you from the Ocala area?

Homer

#14 ·
es - you shouldn't have any ghosting effects long term.
You've got to figure that the dealers don't wax there cars & it sounds like you'll be keeping yours waxed with a gleaming shine! :cool:

I guess your 7 month old glue had set up a little more than mine.
I purchased mine in middle March with a December build date.

#15 ·
hfelknor said:
Well, i don't see any problem. Looks good to me.

But I will have to admit that my 6-03 born date and the fact that I only pulled the dealer fake chrome off that had only been on a couple of weeks, probably helped me.

Wild guess - are you from the Ocala area?

Homer
clearwater reporting......

and yeah, that pic is a bit misleading..... that angle doesnt show the "murano" ghost......

but funny enough.... today i had real trouble finding it myself.....

hmmm........

#16 ·
If your looking for a good glue remover the product is called Goo Gone. It's available in Canada and I'm pretty sure I've seen it on the shelves in Home Depot in the US.

Another trick of the trade is to warm up the badge using your hair dryer. This will soften up the glue underneath the badge and allow it to come off easier. If your lucky it shouldn't't leave too much glue behind.

This trick also works great for removing those damn stickers.

#17 ·
Yurp

Here's a few comparison pics of my MO before and after debadging.

#18 ·
another good trick (and i did the hairdryer bit) is to use dental floss, as a method of getting behind the numeral (or letter..) and pulling the badge off that way...

no matter what, its tedious work to remove all 11 (max) letters.....

the foam between the adhesive is the real ***** of the job, imo

Attachments

#22 ·
hzo - it's when you take as many names &/or numbers off of the body of your fine lookin MO & let it speak for itself.
For example on my MO I took the "MURANO" on the left & "SL AWD" on the right side of the rear hatch.
At least they didn't clutter up the sides of the MO with some 3.5 badges.

That way you keep some people guessing, but you know what your driving. ;)

Plus it's easier to clean, the wax doesn't build up in the corners of "SL AWD" :D

#23 ·
and then some people "rebadge" their ride.

They can stop by the Dodge store and pick up a V10 emblem.........

:2:

Homer

#25 ·
inspector said:
Debadged the rear end. Even the Nissan badge.
I also removed or covered most of the interior badges or labels.
Like the clean smooth look:D

Larry
Just finished taking of the Murano and SL awd. Took a while to get the tape residue off and made a few fine scratches:(
How was the Nissan badge to take off. Is it just taped on? Are there any pins that go into the body?

#26 ·
jbar said:

Just finished taking of the Murano and SL awd. Took a while to get the tape residue off and made a few fine scratches:(
How was the Nissan badge to take off. Is it just taped on? Are there any pins that go into the body?

MY exact thinking........

i think its just taped on.....but im chicken to find out on my own...........

anyone care to share??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.