Nissan Murano Forum banner

Flowmaster exhaust without resonator

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MuranoDriver 
#1 ·
I recently had the resonator removed on my 04 SL (I had the flowmaster installed a couple of months ago). Without the resonator it sounds exactly like the FX, especially on tunnels and parking garages but at 2000 rpm it gets very loud like a ricer.

Who currently has or has had the flowmaster without resonator, do you like the sound? Do you think it sounds like a ricer? or did you had the resonator welded back?

#2 ·
I dont have a flowmaster, but I do have the Spectre cone filter set up on my baby, and yes, I have removed my resonator. I just love it...

#3 ·
Umm I think the OP is talking about his exhaust lol.

Thanks for the info midnightblumo, I was curious how mine would sound with a flowmaster and resonator chopped off. Im kinda thinking im keeping the resonator at least.

#5 ·
There's some videos on YouTube which had me take the plunge.

I put on the Series 80 and tried it first just like that but it was pretty tame so I had them remove my resonator too. Sounds pretty sweet. Not too loud.

I would never go back now.

http://youtu.be/NsdtKB4gpWI

#6 ·
I think it's kind of odd you guys have chosen to go with an American brand muffler company with a Japanese vehicle. Don't you think it would make more sense to go with a brand used on the similar fx35/350/g35? Just my 2 cents but it doesn't make sense to me why you would use something intended for a Camaro.

If anyone has used any other brand exhausts please chime in, i'm interested in performance gains and how driving is for long durations.

#7 ·
The Flowmaster is a universal muffler that can be used for any vehicle where as most Japanese exhaust systems are vehicle specific and can cost a lot more money if it's made specifically for our cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.