Tire pressure display - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 17 Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tire pressure display

I am getting a little tired (no pun intended) of that alarm that goes off in my car every time the temperature outside drops a little. Then the warning light appears on the instrument panel and then when I scroll through the maintenance screen on the dash I get to the tire pressures where it tells me that I have a flat tire. Of course I do not have a flat tire, but one of the tires is lower than it should be. So I pull out the manual and no where does it tell you which number correlates to which tire!! Don't you think it would make sense for that to be in the manual?
Then Murphy's law plays a role because when I go through each tire to see which one is the culprit, it is always the last tire I check.

So here is my question. Does anyone know which tire is represented by which number that shows up on the maintenance screen on the dash? I now know for sure that the second number is the Driver's rear tire.

Sunlit Copper 2005 SE/Charcoal Leather/All the bells and whistles including rear sensors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 PM

On my 07 the numbers go as follows.

Driver side Rear
Passenger side Rear
Passenger side front
Driver side front

I added air while my wife sat inside the Mo and told me which numbers moved.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I agree that it would make sense to have some way of telling which one it is--instrumentation is an old science by now and you would think Nissan would have put some indication as to which is which. I chuckled at Lincoln Rob's solution--an excellent one but shouldnt be necessary! I'm going to try and remember that but not likely I'll be able to Cheers.
(Maybe someone can come up with a code---DR PR PF DF---yikes....)...or starting at Drivers Rear Counterclockwise.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 08-28-2010, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Now that is even more disturbing, because I have a 2005 model and my 2nd number is the DR, you have a 2007 model and you say your first number is the DR. How confusing is that!!! I wonder if there is a number I can call at Nissan where someone would have the answer??? Sheesh

Sunlit Copper 2005 SE/Charcoal Leather/All the bells and whistles including rear sensors
post #5 of 17 Old 08-28-2010, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
The numbers might correspond to the individual TPMS sensor in the tires, so when you have tires rotated it will "change" location. My suggestion would be to map the wheels by deflating each tire just enough to trigger the warning and then write the number on the inside of the rim so you can only see it if you look through the spokes of the rim when up close. That way when it triggers, you can find the # tire to inflate

2010 Murano LE w/ AWD, Navigation, Weathertech Floorliners,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

:eek: OMG!! I would never bother to go to all that trouble! What an inconvenience!! Thanks for the enlightening update though, it makes sense.

post #7 of 17 Old 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I'd rather know it than guess it. Only takes a few minutes in the gas station or if you have a compressor at home...Put it in paper, and follow which tire went when you rotate.
post #8 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Exactly. At our dealership, everytime we do a tire rotation we always reprogram the tpm sensors back so they read

LF
RF
RR
LR

But nissan release a bulletin saying this wasn't necessary and they wouldn't pay us to do this on the prepaid maintenance plans so yeah if you can find a way to track which wheel is which.

Also, factory recommended cold tire pressure is 33psi but the warning light comes on if your below 29psi. I personally set all the murano tire pressures to 35psi cold.

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #9 of 17 Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I'm trying to figure out which is which.

Is it...
LF
RF
RR
LR
?

2007 Nissan Murano SL - Platinum

| Nav | Backup Cam | HID | Bose | Leather | Tint | K&N Filter | Custom CF Grille | 22" KMC's on Nitto's | H&R Springs |

post #10 of 17 Old 04-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Left to right and top to bottom. Increase/decrease air on each tire one by one and see which indicator changes until you know all positions.

Just had my first rotation on my new set of tires a week ago and it seems to have stayed at the same sequence LF RF RR LR. Don't know/doubt if Sams club do those TPMS resets but I know where each tire went from before. Told them which way I want them to rotate it.
post #11 of 17 Old 04-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Red

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Did they drop the numbering?

This 2009 has no numbers, the TPS just says "Go out and look, fool."

And last time around, it kept saying "Go out and look, fool" until we took it back to the dealer to have the TPS system reprogrammed. Apparently they can just go psycho sometimes and swear you've got a low tire--when there's nothing wrong and no way in the manual to reset it.

Should there still be numbers?

And is there a secret reset process, for psycho TPS?
post #12 of 17 Old 04-14-2012, 03:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
Ok first off its TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System. TPS is Throttle Position Sensor, just wanna keep that straight so there is no confusion.

When you first start the car and the TPMS light comes on and stays on all the time then that means you have a low tire. If it starts flashing for the first minute and then remains on then that means there is a problem with a sensor, possibly a bad battery in which case the sensor will need replacement.

So question is, does the TPMS light stay on steady or does it blink and then stay on?

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #13 of 17 Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 AM

Questions

To Turbizzy

Do the 2011 SL models show the numerical tire pressure, as did my 2005 SEAWD? Is the button for the gas door release illuminated on the 2011? Buttons, such as the rear hatch activate abd disarm are illuminated, but, my fuel door button is dark. If no problem, I will not mention to dealer at next service.
post #14 of 17 Old 04-14-2012, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig anderson View Post
To Turbizzy

Do the 2011 SL models show the numerical tire pressure, as did my 2005 SEAWD? Is the button for the gas door release illuminated on the 2011? Buttons, such as the rear hatch activate abd disarm are illuminated, but, my fuel door button is dark. If no problem, I will not mention to dealer at next service.
Craig ....... answer to your questions is no and no.

eeeee
post #15 of 17 Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
I don't know the answer to the original question, but if the OP runs his tires at higher pressures he won't see as many warnings. 40 PSI all around works great in the Murano, provided the tires are rated up to 44 PSI. Seems like an easy way to avoid the problem.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: