Nissan Murano Forum banner

New Tires Needed in next 10k miles

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Freedom55 
#1 ·
Hi All
I have read several other threads and unable to decide as the forum recommended tires are not available in Costco which is the place i'm comfortable buying tires as they back the warranty and have all prior good experience

My Model
2007 Nissan Murano S . Guessing standard company wheel size

Available in costco
Michelin - Latitude® Tour HP -
Warranty -55000 miles
Season - All Season
Cost - $849 + Taxes
Michelin - Latitude® Tour
Warranty -65000 miles
Season - All Season
Cost - $873 + Taxes

Are the above two models recommended?

#2 ·
I don't know about the US, but in Canada Costco sells Michelin and sister brand BF Goodrich, Bridgestone and Pirelli at their stores but Pirelli does not appear on their website (costco.ca). I'm a big fan of Costco because their prices are quite good, they balance the tires perfectly every time, fill them with nitrogen with free top ups, free rotation, free inspection and they have a 5 year road hazard warranty, what more could one ask?

For winter, I've bought several sets of Blizzak over the past few years but for summer, I'm leaning towards Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus (see other thread); I've tried Dueler H/L 422 and found them noisy and not that grippy contrary to most reviews. The only Michelin I would buy is the Primacy MXV4 but the nearest size is 235/60/18 and Costco would sell them to me but will not mount them as they are not OE size.

#3 ·
I've tried Dueler H/L 422 and found them noisy and not that grippy contrary to most reviews.
I had a sorry ass Jeep Grand Cherokee in 97. I went through 2 sets of Duelers and they wore just awful. Last night I see a commercial for them with an 80K mile warranty. Wonder if they improved them or just made them tougher which means louder?

#4 ·
To me Dueler=noisy.

#6 ·
Primacy MXM4 and Primacy MXV4 are different tires; MXV4 is well rated by both Consumer Report and Tire Rack. I know Michelin's model numbers are quite confusing. I would not buy the MXM4, they are pricey and the ratings are poor. I believe this is another OE tire found on Accord and a few others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.