Nissan Murano Forum banner

Best tires for M0 2011 SV?

11K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Robincendre 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum, and need some suggestions to buy new tires for MO 2011 SV (FWD). can someone help me in this?
Recently heard about
Hankook DYNAPRO HP2, not sure if this is good or not

Thanks,
Shazam

#3 ·
Problem is, with the million tires out there, nobody can really recommend a tire for you style of driving and roads you drive on. Where I live and drive, tire longevity is about 30,000 miles. I just replaced the Goodyear Eagle LS tires that came on my car at 24,000. They had between 4 and 5/32 left, but with winter and the hill I live on, I wouldn't chance them.

Worst tires I ever had were Cooper CS4. They wore out to the wear bars, at 18,000. But they have come out with the CS5 now. My daughter put them on her SUV and they look like nice tires. I bought a new tire that Bridgestone came out with. I can't remember the model, but they look and ride nice so far. If I get 30,000 miles out of them I'll be happy.

#7 ·
You will get your best info by going to DiscountTire.com or Tirerack.com and checking the reviews and specs in the charts there. Give reviews of SUVs more emphasis in assessing the reviews. You can choose criteria which match the tire size on your car and then see OEM, best sellers, or all tires that fit. You can get hundreds more opinions there than you can here.

#8 ·
Conditions will definitely affect the life of a tire. Care or lack of care will also play a big role in mile distance. I just replaced BF Goodrich Long Trail Tour at 57,000...I got a lot of life out of them since I rotate & balance every 6 months, keep proper air in tires at all times and get a wheel alignment when I put on new tires. Just purchased Michelin Latitude Tour and what a difference - much quieter ride and smooth drive. Well worth the money!

#10 ·
The Michelin Latitude Tour is a really smooth, quiet tire. I have them on my 2014 Explorer. But they are quite pricey. Since I only have 12,500 miles on the Ex, I'm interested in seeing how long they actually last. The OEM Goodyear Eagles that came on the Murano only lasted me 21,000 which is less than my average of 25,000 here in WV. But our roads have been much worse of late, so that may have something to do with it.

I replaced them with Bridgestone's new tire the Ecopia. It performed very well this winter and I only have about 3,000 miles on them. Time will tell if they last longer than 21,000.

#11 ·
Best long life tire I have run on cars have been Toyo 800 ultra, but I see Michelin advertising a tire that hold traction all the way down to worn out. tread depth.

#13 ·
Yes I have the same tire on my 2009 MO. They are surprisingly quieter than my Michelin Latitude Tour HP's which I just had installed in the fall of 2015. They are very good in the snow and nice, and are rated one of the best winter tires to have.

The trick with all snow tires is figuring out when put them on and take them off as they are made of a softer compound than your all seasons so if you leave them on too long they might only last you a season or two at best.

Thanks,

#15 ·
I hope to revive this post, since it is exactly what I am looking for - new tires for my 2011 SV.

I live in a hot and humid climate and rain is the most severe adverse condition I drive in. I will never drive in snow or ice with this car. I have a 5 mile commute to work, and put at most 9,000k miles on my car yearly, with the help of a couple of extended road trips - mostly freeway driving. I drive a bit aggressively. I am looking for a quiet ride with good handling, and on the cheaper side. My ABS is a joke, I still end up sliding around when it is engaged, and I am attributing that to my bad tires... or maybe my bad driving. I'm looking for something to last about 40,000 miles or 4 years when I estimate I'd get a different car.

I found some Toyo Open Country A25 235/65R18 106T for $118 per tire but they have no tread wear listing or any warranty because they are after market. I'd be willing to give these a go if anyone has had a good experience or can recommend something else.

#17 ·
Just finished my second set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires and unfortunately it looks like they stopped making them in the Murano sizes. Was really happy with their performance especially in the rain.

Based on TireRack recommendations in the high performance all-season category, the top 2 choices in Murano sizes are the Yokohama AVID ENVigor and Sumitomo HTR A/S P02. The Sumitomo is reviewed higher but it's a newer model with less miles reviewed. Both tires have a few complaints of noise but it does not seem consistent. The Sumitomo can actually be found significantly cheaper than the Yokohama so I have a set coming this week. Have had the Murano for 12 years now but maybe replacing it soon so don't mind taking a chance on tires.

#18 ·
I did buy the Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 from WalMart. They were very inexpensive. The WalMart experience left something to be desired - they could not find my tires, two or three different people were looking on the tire racks *even when I told them I ordered them* - they ended up finding them in a little room near the cashier. They only charged me $55.00 TOTAL to install them. I am sure I was supposed to pay about $15 more, but when I questioned it, they said it was right. So a little bit of inconvenience to save some money every 6-8 years! I like the tires. I haven't slid around on wet pavement like I used to on my old tires. They also have road noise when I get up to 55-60 MPH so that is a downside on a trip, but for everyday driving it tells me how fast I am going. I would recommend them on the price. My old tires were so bad, anything would be better!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.