User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#16 Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
I updated my nav system today with the X9 version. Everything seems to work fine except for two things - one, when I search for nearby restaurants, gas stations, etc, it tells me "Sorry data does not exist for this location" and if I use voice commands to begin a destination, it allows me to specify the state, city and road name, but no house numbers appear like they used to with the software that came with the car initially. Anyone else have any issues with the update?
I had the "Sorry data does not exist for this location" response and found my solution. When I was originally installing the update, I did not use the Application Data cd since it seemed like the current version which was already installed was newer than the one provided (in the instructions it is documented how to check) ...it was confusing because instead of using #'s it was involving alpha as well.

Well, long story short, my first attempt involved installing ALL the rest of the DVDs and it worked well except for this error any time I wanted to search by "Place". I went back and installed the application DVD only and it fixed this problem.

If you didn't install the Application Data DVD like me ...then go back and do so. You don't need to reinstall the rest of the DVDs again.

I hope this helps. I called Navtec for help and they were completely worthless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM

Smile Resolution

I rarely enter addresses or places manually, so I found this to be a big issue for me. I did talk to Nissan support and they advised me to load the first disc, Application Software, no matter what the version was I had on the existing system. I did that this morning and it works fine now.

Thanks for your input Bill.

2011 LE AWD, Graphite Blue, Navigation, Leather, Xenon, Fog lights, and a whole lot more
#18 Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I rarely enter addresses or places manually, so I found this to be a big issue for me. I did talk to Nissan support and they advised me to load the first disc, Application Software, no matter what the version was I had on the existing system. I did that this morning and it works fine now.

Thanks for your input Bill.

To clarify........ when you did the update the first time, you did not use the #1 (of 5) DVD?

eeeee
#19 Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the help

Kevch25 - thank you for the information. I did the same thing since my existing version seemed to be "higher" than the version on the DVD. Once I reloaded the software disc, it worked fine. Bad instruction manual!! I did notice the lady has a different voice now!!

2011 LE AWD, Graphite Blue, Navigation, Leather, Xenon, Fog lights, and a whole lot more
#20 Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
To clarify........ when you did the update the first time you did not use the #1 DVD?
That is correct - I did not use the first DVD since the instruction manual indicated if the current version number was higher than the version number on the DVD update package, to eject the disc and proceed to step 15.

#21 Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
That is correct - I did not use the first DVD since the instruction manual indicated if the current version number was higher than the version number on the DVD update package, to eject the disc and proceed to step 15.
Ok, I hear ya ........ Guess then, others doing this install should ALWAYS use the #1 DVD regardless of the provided instr..

Glad you got that glitch straightened out! As I mentioned somewhere in these threads, I am seeing that this mapset update has quite a few changes, road wise, etc..

As for the NAV itself.... If it were not for the Car Kit Company, I would be very unhappy with the Nav unit. I travel lots / long trips and need to enter info while moving ..... way points, have full access to Nav data input, etc.. Without the bypass I would be unable to do so and really upset / inconvenienced. not to mention I need the phone uncrippled also.

eeeee
#22 Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Kevch25 - thank you for the information. I did the same thing since my existing version seemed to be "higher" than the version on the DVD. Once I reloaded the software disc, it worked fine. Bad instruction manual!! I did notice the lady has a different voice now!!
Couldn't agree more with the bad instruction manual comment. I wouldn't claim to be the smartest guy, but when I tried following their instructions to a T, I was convinced somehow my application data was already more current than the DVD they sent me (counter-intuitive, but I wanted to follow the instructions).

To BillArf's comment, yes, my recommendation would be to install ALL DVDs.
#23 Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Red

Navteq will sell you one annual update for $200, not unique to Nissan. Garmin will sell you a lifetime of quarterly updates for $100, or only $30 if you buy it pre-packaged with a GPS.

Hmmm....and neither one will bother to even say "thank you" if you report map errors to them. Real mapmakers used to send you the new map for free if you did that favor for them.

I can't wait for someone in Russia or China to put these guys out of business, these updates are simply a rip-off. Nice to have the nav built in, but this really is just old fashioned gouging.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: