User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Buying New 2012 SL; Have NAV Question

Hi, All.

Thursday, Dec 13, we're taking delivery of my wife's new 2012 Nissan Murano SL (Merlot/Beige) with Nav.

I already appreciate the depth of advice and knowledge here. I've read a number of threads, including the info on the Car Kit mod for nav. The car was delivered to the dealer in May of this year. Before we take delivery, I want to verify that I have the latest version of the nav maps and application software. Two questions:

1. How do I tell the version of maps and apps installed on the car before I hand over the check?

2. How do I tell if it's the latest version?

I understand I'll have to pay for future updates, but I don't want to take delivery already out of date.

Thanks in advance for the help. I look forward to future visits here, and as I learn more, hopefully I can contribute to others.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Will the dealer not check that for you before you take delivery. I would tell him I want the latest version before I sign on the dotted line!

2012 SL AWD Tinted Bronze
#3 Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwg View Post
Will the dealer not check that for you before you take delivery. I would tell him I want the latest version before I sign on the dotted line!
Thanks, Halwg. I intend to ask them to do this, but I want to be able to verify. Over my years I've purchased or leased many automobiles. I do a lot of research and often find I know more about the model I'm interested in than the salespeople. I doubt the one selling this car would know what the latest version is, so I want to be able to check and insist on any available update.

Kevin
#4 Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Kevin... Don't trust the dealer on this. You're best checking yourself. You will just need a minute with the vehicle in question.

To find the Unit ID on your navigation system:

1. Push <INFO>. (button is found to right of Nav screen)
2. On the Information screen, Highlight [Map Update] and push <ENTER>.
3. Write down the Unit ID that appears on the resulting screen (you do not need to record the hyphen):
4. Exit the Map Update screen by pressing the [BACK] button.

If your Murano has the current map set, with your Unit ID #, you will see displayed:
"Current map version 11-12 Map No 1"

Also read here:
Navigation System X9 DVD Year 2012 avail.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES

eeeee
#5 Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Perfect, Bill, that's the info I needed.

I'm a little confused with the two links you sent. One is for the X9 DVD 2012 update; the other for the v. 8.5 update for HDD. Some of the reading I've been doing here says the dealer has to do the update in HDD systems like the 2012 MO with Nav. Can the owner do the update on an HDD system by using the DVDs?

BTW, I have a Glock 23.

Thanks a lot,
Kevin
#6 Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin L View Post
Perfect, Bill, that's the info I needed.

I'm a little confused with the two links you sent. One is for the X9 DVD 2012 update; the other for the v. 8.5 update for HDD. Some of the reading I've been doing here says the dealer has to do the update in HDD systems like the 2012 MO with Nav. Can the owner do the update on an HDD system by using the DVDs?

BTW, I have a Glock 23.

Thanks a lot
Kevin
Yes, owner can easily do the update on a 2012 using the DVD's. Read at this link

Oh, I edited that link you found confusing.

eeeee
#7 Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillArf View Post
Yes, owner can easily do the update on a 2012 using the DVD's. Read at this link

Oh, I edited that link you found confusing.

That makes sense now. My wife is very excited to pick up her new MO tomorrow. She's been driving her 2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 for 12 years now. Should be quite a change.

Thanks for the help!

Kevin

2012 Murano SL FWD with Nav
Merlot with Beige Leather
-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
-Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats
#8 Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
That makes sense now. My wife is very excited to pick up her new MO tomorrow. She's been driving her 2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 for 12 years now. Should be quite a change.

Thanks for the help!

Kevin
Kevin... Can tell you in Florida you are gonna want a full set of WeatherTech Digital Fit floor mats for that Murano. Again, the Digital Fits. I'm in Florida, half the year or so and yes, the digitals are a must for me.
Enjoy your Murano!

eeeee
#9 Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Kevin... Can tell you in Florida you are gonna want a full set of WeatherTech Digital Fit floor mats for that Murano. Again, the Digital Fits. I'm in Florida, half the year or so and yes, the digitals are a must for me.
Enjoy your Murano!
Hi, Bill.

I see you're from NY. I moved from Long Island in 2007 and live here fulltime.

Why do you say I need the WeatherTech Digital Fit floor mats in Florida. I do have the WeatherTech trunk liner in my 2010 Lincoln MKZ, but the inside of the car is still in great shape. We get a lot of rain in the summer, but it's only water and we don't walk in any mud. I'm interested in your ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
#10 Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Hi, Bill.

I see you're from NY. I moved from Long Island in 2007 and live here fulltime.

Why do you say I need the WeatherTech Digital Fit floor mats in Florida. I do have the WeatherTech trunk liner in my 2010 Lincoln MKZ, but the inside of the car is still in great shape. We get a lot of rain in the summer, but it's only water and we don't walk in any mud. I'm interested in your ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin
Of course, the WeatherTech Digital Fit floor mats are a real plus when dealing with snow covered / wet shoes. In Florida the digitals are a plus as they contain sand and water. I found stock carpet mats became a real mess thanks to the sand / rain, sand rain mix. I guess much would depend where in Florida the vehicle will reside. I'm usually in the Daytona Beach area....

eeeee
#11 Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Of course, the WeatherTech Digital Fit floor mats are a real plus when dealing with snow covered / wet shoes. In Florida the digitals are a plus as they contain sand and water. I found stock carpet mats became a real mess thanks to the sand / rain, sand rain mix. I guess much would depend where in Florida the vehicle will reside. I'm usually in the Daytona Beach area....
We do live on the Gulf and go to the beach a lot. But I keep my cars in pristine condition, going through gallons of detailing spray each year, cleaning our cars several times a week, and daily when the bugs are out. Our cars are garaged and we have a heavy-duty vac set up to vacuum interiors at least weekly plus whenever they need it.

Do you know if the carpeted mats fit inside the WeatherTec liners? I may get the one for the rear as my wife puts a lot of things on the floor in front of the rear seats when shopping.

Thank you,
Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
#12 Old 12-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
We do live on the Gulf and go to the beach a lot. But I keep my cars in pristine condition, going through gallons of detailing spray each year, cleaning our cars several times a week, and daily when the bugs are out. Our cars are garaged and we have a heavy-duty vac set up to vacuum interiors at least weekly plus whenever they need it.

Do you know if the carpeted mats fit inside the WeatherTec liners? I may get the one for the rear as my wife puts a lot of things on the floor in front of the rear seats when shopping.

Thank you,
Kevin
Nah, you would have carpets slipping all over, etc. if you tried to lay them over a set of digital cuts.. IF you don't mind dealing with sand and soggy carpets then no need for the digital cuts.

eeeee
#13 Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Nah, you would have carpets slipping all over, etc. if you tried to lay them over a set of digital cuts.. IF you don't mind dealing with sand and soggy carpets then no need for the digital cuts.
Thanks, Bill!

Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards
#14 Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Kevin... Don't trust the dealer on this. You're best checking yourself. You will just need a minute with the vehicle in question.

If your Murano has the current map set, with your Unit ID #, you will see displayed:
"Current map version 11-12 Map No 1"
Hi, Bill.

That's the version we had. We picked up my wife's new 2012 MO SL Thursday. She loves it. Plus we got a great deal:

$40,430 Sticker/$37,493 Invoice

$36,918 Total with all fees except sales tax
-$2,500 Rebate
----------------
$34,518 Total paid without sales tax

We were going to pay cash, and had the bank check with us. The finance manager said if we had good credit (we do) he can get us zero percent for 60 months with NMAC and give us an extra $500 rebate (included above). We had put down $3,000 when we agreed on purchasing, so we just financed the rest.

Kevin

-Roof Rail Crossbars
-Splash Guards

Last edited by Kevin L; 12-15-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
#15 Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM

snipe:
Quote:
Hi, Bill.

That's the version we had. We picked up my wife's new 2012 MO SL Thursday. She loves it. Plus we got a great deal:

Kevin
Glad all went well. Suggest you start researching how you will handle the XM radio renewal. I have posted quite a bit on XM renewal here on this forum.

eeeee

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: