Nav Update for 2009 Murano - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nav Update for 2009 Murano

I have had my 2009 Murano LE for almost 5 years and have not had the Nav system updated. I have received a few noticed from Nissan about purchasing the update but they dealer has to perform the update at an additional cost. Is there any way for me to update the Nav myself using a CD? If so who can I contact to purchase an update? Thanks, Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I've been thinking about doing the nav update for a while myself. But the dealer MUST install the update using their computer. You purchase the update from Navteq and they give you some kind of code that you bring to the dealer. Still undecided if its worth the time and money.

2009 LE Blue w/tan
Nav
Nissan LED DRLs
Blue Interior LEDs
Stainless Bumper
Weathertechs
Hoen Fogs
Sickspeed Horns
Side Mirror Signals
#3 Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dunno if it's the same with newer Mo's but on my 2003 I paid for 2 updates and got tired of being ripped off, ESPECIALLY when my cell phone is free to update and the update for my Aviation Garmin is a fraction of the price than the Nissan updates.

I downloaded the DVD ISO file from "somewhere" along with the CD update program and did the latest update myself with ZERO issues. It's a big file and you have to burn it to a dual layer DVD but aside from that it's very easy to do!

Considering how powerful Nav systems are now-a-days, Nissan should be ashamed at the prices they charge to do this!

If they can't provide the program for free then it should be a MAXIMUM of, say $50 which is still more than my Garmin Airplane GPS which has to be WAYYYY more accurate!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: