OK, FINALLY!! Here are all of the gory details, complete with pics, of the steps involved in adding OEM navigation to my 2003 MO which shipped from the factory with the amber (orange) display w/integrated display controller, and no factory navigation. Please excuse the multiple posts, but I don’t know how to add more than one picture to a post.
I decided to undertake this challenge after I found an eBay auction from LKQ Corporation, (http://www.lkqonline.com/
), which included all of the components I needed to do the conversion including:
• Color Display – Part Number: 28090 CA100, Model Number: TR-LM7WB1N, Serial Number: FA3430295, Matsu****a Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
• Display Controller Unit (DCU) – Part Number: 28330 CB600, Model #: DCU-6104G(US), Part Name: CONT ASSY-AV, Serial Number: 30700033
• Navigation Controller Unit (NCU) - Part Number: 25915 CA103, Model Number: NCU-6110G (US), Part Name: CONT ASSY-NAVI, Serial Number: 30700033
• GPS Antenna – Part Number: 25975 CA100, Model Number: AGP-3090V, Part Name: ANT ASSY-GPS, Serial Number: 322007831, Xanavi Informatics
• AC/AV Center Console assembly w/Bose Radio , cassette player, 6 Disc Changer, & AC/AV switches for navigation.
I paid $1048 for this auction, including shipping.
Here is a picture of my old amber (orange) display… the starting point: