AWD Issues...Discovered it has no Rear Drive Shaft. What now? - Page 2 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#16 Old 01-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Super Senior Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just when you thought you had heard it all.....

I can't imagine a scenario where the dealer can win this one....

Former owner of ~~~~> Black O3 SE AWD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Maybe dealer removed the drive line to ensure it passes the 100 point inspection...

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#18 Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
Maybe dealer removed the drive line to ensure it passes the 100 point inspection...
No one ever said it was a full-time AWD system.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#19 Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update... dealer has agreed to purchase and install used drive shaft. Obviously this is the first step to determine if anything else is wrong. Now I just have to stay on top of them to follow through and fix anything that ends up being wrong with it.

I bought this from a used dealer and come to find out the shop that "serviced" the vehicle never put it on the lift. I got the response that maybe someone stole it off the vehicle, which should give everyone a chuckle.

From what people say it sounds like i should hear if the TC is bad, so it makes me feel better since I don't hear anything. The clutch could be the issue. I'll give an update once I get them to complete the work.

Additionally we had another snow storm last night (really wish i had my AWD for this mornings commute) and the AWD, ABS, VDC OFF, and SLIP light illuminated. I'm assuming these came on because the vehicle was looking for AWD to work due to the road conditions.

2004 SL AWD
#20 Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgately View Post
I got the response that maybe someone stole it off the vehicle, which should give everyone a chuckle.
Stolen auto parts.

Air bags? Plausible.

HIDs? Plausible.

Wheels? Plausible.

Stereo? Plausible.

Driveshaft?

We should have a "Wall of Shame" with memorable quotes from car dealers and service advisors.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#21 Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM

AWD to 2WD - missing drive shaft

I am new to the thread, and I see that it's been inactive for some time, but in case some of you are still following this discussion, I am looking to do the same thing, that is, convert the car from AWD to 2WD for the purpose of dolly towing the MO behind an RV.

My approach would be to remove the drive shaft thereby rendering the rear wheels inactive (at least I think that would be the outcome).

Any comments from anyone on the viability of this approach? Is there anything else that should be done? Such as disabling the TC AWD clutch? Has anyone done this for this or other purposes?

Thanks, Mike.
#22 Old 11-06-2013, 07:06 AM

no awd

i have a 2005 MO that i bot at a great price and as is.the awd light comes on after i drive about one mile.ive checked and have no awd.the driveshaft is turning,bot there is no power to the rear wheels when i press the AWD lock button.any suggestions.thanks!!
#23 Old 11-06-2013, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I think you need to have a shop check it out.

The no AWD might be related to a bad ABS sensor, but you have other stuff going on as well.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#24 Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 PM

Interesting thread, if the OP is still around i'd like to know the name of the dealer.
Thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: