User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 42 Old 01-26-2015, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafddur View Post
Who changes the air filter at each oil change - even if you are stretching those to 7-8K miles with full synthetic? And, when you change the filter, wouldn't you notice if you are loosening the intake air ducting?

I'm sure most here (like me) with first gen Mos are regularly changing our air filters without having this problem. In the 10+ years I've owned my 04 SE, I've only had to tighten the intake duct clamps once. That obviated my having to bring the car in for the recall.

Gateway Tire does it. It took them like 30 minutes to get the air box back on last time it was in. Shortly thereafter it came loose and i had to tighten it up myself. Minor, but still.
Also, my hood struts have gone out. Again, nothing major, but this is the first car I have owned where they have gone out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar daddy View Post
Gateway Tire does it.
I am sure they don't do it for free. I change my air filter every 50k miles and I even find that to be too soon. However, depending on where you drive, your mileage may vary.

Quote:
Also, my hood struts have gone out.
There are cheap aftermarket ones out there. I replaced mine a few years ago. I think I paid around $30 for a pair.

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #33 of 42 Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebelkhan View Post
I am sure they don't do it for free. I change my air filter every 50k miles and I even find that to be too soon. However, depending on where you drive, your mileage may vary.

There are cheap aftermarket ones out there. I replaced mine a few years ago. I think I paid around $30 for a pair.

Yea i rarely get my air filter changed. Even when they recommend it, I tell them to do it next oil change.

As for the struts, I paid just over $50 for a pair at Autozone about a month ago.

post #34 of 42 Old 02-27-2015, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to turbizzy
I find that when people lift and twist the airbox up to check the air filter, they sometimes disconnect the intake ducting on accident and don't even notice. It's happened at my shop by our lube techs. Mostly happens between the two plastic boxes. The boot itself becomes oily and slips off the plastic intake resonator box. Getting better clamps helps. Sometimes you need to clean the duct and reattach.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Izzy -
04 Murano SE
06 Traiblazer SS
85 Mustang SVO
post #35 of 42 Old 02-28-2015, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Quote:

As for the struts, I paid just over $50 for a pair at Autozone about a month ago.
And I'll bet you got exactly what you paid for. That's why I installed KYBs.

EDIT: My apologies! I lost track and thought someone had bought super-cheapo front suspension struts, not HOOD struts!!

My error - sorry - those should be good parts at the price.

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #36 of 42 Old 02-28-2015, 01:16 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
And I'll bet you got exactly what you paid for. That's why I installed KYBs.
I think he was talking about hood struts...

Former owner of 2004 SL AWD
post #37 of 42 Old 02-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
AH!! Snark apologized for.

When it comes to hood struts, i have two Ebay specimens on my workbench waiting to be installed!

2008 BMW E91 328xi Sportwagon
2009 BMW E92 328ix Coupe
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1983 280ZX Turbo
post #38 of 42 Old 01-19-2016, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 2006 Murano has been having this issue and I bought a new clamp for it a couple weeks ago (temporary fix) until I did some research and saw that it had been recalled. Well I took my car in to the dealership and they looked up my VIN number and said that the recall only applied to a select few VIN numbers. Needless to say I left and have been doing research since and haven't seen a single thing saying that this is for only a select "few VIN's". I told the guy at the dealership that this applied to 2003-2007 Muranos...and mine falls within those perimeters and clearly has the issue, since the thing barely stays on. He didn't care and stated multiple times that there were zero "outstanding recalls" on my VIN. Anyone have any suggestions?
post #39 of 42 Old 02-23-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinfo View Post
My 2006 Murano has been having this issue and I bought a new clamp for it a couple weeks ago (temporary fix) until I did some research and saw that it had been recalled. Well I took my car in to the dealership and they looked up my VIN number and said that the recall only applied to a select few VIN numbers. Needless to say I left and have been doing research since and haven't seen a single thing saying that this is for only a select "few VIN's". I told the guy at the dealership that this applied to 2003-2007 Muranos...and mine falls within those perimeters and clearly has the issue, since the thing barely stays on. He didn't care and stated multiple times that there were zero "outstanding recalls" on my VIN. Anyone have any suggestions?

sounds like B.S. Are they the only Nissan dealership in town? Try another if not. Also print out a copy of the recall which is linked on page 1 of this thread and take it to them.

I am having this same problem with my airbox and it's been happening more frequently. I do the quick fix by tightening up the clamps, but they have not been staying tight. Looks like trip number 4 to the dealership is coming up.
post #40 of 42 Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Been trying to find a link about the recall, but seems like I can't find one officially can some one post it.
post #41 of 42 Old 03-18-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Been trying to find a link about the recall, but seems like I can't find one officially can some one post it.
on page 1 of this thread
post #42 of 42 Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Oh thanks.. Sorry I missed that...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: