User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2015, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Exclamation ABS Recall - 2015 Models

The following information is from the NHTSA website. It affects approximately 9,614 MOs.

-njjoe

SUMMARY:
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2015 Murano vehicles manufactured December 4, 2014, to March 17, 2015. These vehicles are equipped with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) actuators which may have contamination in the solenoid valves, potentially affecting the valves' ability to completely close and allow a build up of hydraulic brake pressure, or fully open and allow the hydraulic brake pressure to completely drop.
CONSEQUENCE:
Under some driving conditions, when the ABS is activated, the malfunctioning ABS actuator could cause a loss of vehicle stability, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the ABS actuator, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by early August 2015. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.

2005 SL AWD, Platinum (Retired)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
-Air Helper Springs

Replaced with 2013 BMW x5d
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1973 MGB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-23-2015, 10:39 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

My VIN is in range as checked on Nissan site and I received notice of recall. I called 2 local dealers and both confirmed that I must first schedule an inspection appointment and then a follow up if replacement is needed, it cannot be all done in one appointment.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-23-2015, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
We had it done on Tuesday and it took one hour. No mention of any inspections.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
update....went in today and they replaced the recalled part, was in and out in about an hour. Very pleased. The service advisor had no good explaination as to why they are stating this requires an inspection visit and if replacement is required a second visit, but as OP experienced it was just one visit.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2015, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Got my recall notice a few days ago. Made an appointment for today 7/29. When I made the appointment I asked if it was for inspection or repair. They said it was inspection of numbers on the the brake system and if it fell within the correct ones they would have to order parts and make a new appointment. Well I took it in this AM was I was very pleased that it did not need any further action and I was on my way in 35 minutes, Cool!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free Apppic of had to remove clips
post #6 of 7 Old 08-02-2015, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for referring me the website to obtain the 2015 murano service manual it was very helpful.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Balbasaur
i had mine replaced with the recall and now by cruise control only works for 10 minutes before something wrong with the radar turns it off. had that unit replaced with no effect.
anybody else ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: