Nissan Murano Forum banner

Crackling sound

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AskDMOTO 
#1 ·
I have searched and searched with no results. When I accelerate only at low speeds it makes a weird crackling sound and it's driving me nuts my 06 spec v did the same thing also. Has anyone heard the same thing or have any idea what it can be I have seafomed through the intake and poured in the gas tank any help will be appreciated.

#3 ·
sound is coming from the engine from what i was able to hear. i really wish i could explain it alot better but really is as soon as you take off it'll start crackling. its not pinging i even thought it was butterfly screws at first but ive heard the sound that makes and its not that lol.

#4 ·
Could this be "ping" or detonation? That sounds a bit like frying bacon, which is the only sound I can think of which might be referred to as "crackling".

If that's the case, you may have a carbon deposit problem, be running gas that is sub-standard causing the ping, or even have a faulty detonation sensor which is allowing "ping" (aka: detonation) in the engine.

If that's the case, I suggest filling with premium gas and adding a bottle of Techron to each tank for 2-3 tanks. If that solves it, you can avoid it by running better quality and higher octane gas.

Ping is not something you want to continue for a long time. Severe detonation can burn holes in the top of pistons.

#7 ·
There isn't much better in my book than Techron.

There are people out there who are big fans of SeaFoam, but my jury is still very much out on it.

I'd run the Techron, AND make sure to buy gas at first-class stations, not the discount places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.