Bad gas mileage - Page 4 - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#46 Old 08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Super Senior Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am trying to do the relearn to stop stalling on warm engine start.

'07 SE black/black, Everything but OEM NAV
Magellan Roadmate 1700 7" in dash with OEM backup camera/ factory displays
Valentine One
GROM IPOD/USB/AUX audio interface with Bluetooth

Former owner:
'03 SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ive always liked the lucas brand stuff. They have a fuel treatment. I bought it last time. Not really something you can report on...

anyway heres a link to it.,

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...iid=26&catid=2

That dosnt look so hard...

Oh no!
Jeff

03 Black SE. stock
#48 Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Muranocon!!

Thanx g1teg, its worth a shot..

Platinum 05 murano 22" 2crave rims(black Dish/silver spoke) with red nismo logos on dish, JDM 10k HID headlights, 3k HID projector fogs w/halo, Chopped shifter w/custom knob, Full debadge w/ Z50 rebadge! Orange leather, led in all interior lights (red in map/reading white in dome/trunk/doors), white leds in marker/license plate lights, K&N filter, smoked tail lights w/red reflectors, metallic orange engine cover
#49 Old 09-12-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Boy I hate being right sometimes.

As far as I can tell...no. You will have to do a Idle Air Volume Relearn if you don't want your MO to stall out or hesitate on start-up. You might as well do a few other relearns as well.

Part 1 of 4:
I tried your method and OMG what a difference in the way my car runs.
I am so glad I stumbled upon your post.'
Thanks a million!

Life is far too short to grow up!
#50 Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 AM
lgt

If MPG suddenly drops often is a bad O2 sensor (pre cat). They rarely throw a CEL and testing them doesn't always determine if they are still good either. I have also had good results with injector cleaner. I use Redline, but any detergent type cleaner will probably work well. Steer clear of solvent types. I hear worn plugs and dirty filters can reduce MPG, but I couldn't tell you about how much. I never let them get that bad.

#51 Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Boy I hate being right sometimes.

As far as I can tell...no. You will have to do a Idle Air Volume Relearn if you don't want your MO to stall out or hesitate on start-up. You might as well do a few other relearns as well.

Part 1 of 4:
WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! THANK YOU!!
FYI, I have a 2003 Loaded AWD Murano, Just Broke 61,000, baby the **** out of it, full synthetic, 93 octane, etc. She's like new inside and out! All of a sudden when I would come to a red light and stop, it would idle down so low that it would stall. No problem cranking her right back up, and going along my way. Did it several times on different days, and again last night, got on line here, saw your post and instructions, I am extremely mechanically inclined, screwed the sequence up th first time (no patience), got it spot on the second time. So far so good!

Thanks Again!
#52 Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM

warhammer,

Man, you are awesome. It helped me and saved my money.

Thanks,
#53 Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
You're welcome! That's the way I roll...

After 142K miles, my MO is history. Now sporting a loaded silver 2012 Ford Edge Limited with 20" wheels.
#54 Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Way to call it, Warhammer.

I also suggest that the traffic patterns and terrain in the OP's new location are different than he experienced in Vegas. Hopefully the idle air relearn will help, but Vegas is flat and the Fremont/San Fran area is hilly, and traffic is heavy. I doubt he's going to see gas mileage close to what he experienced in Vegas.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo
#55 Old 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would say it is time for new spark plugs if you have have over 100k miles on the current plugs. I would also use an fuel injector cleaner to clean your fuel system, mainly your fuel injectors. But, I bet all you need is some new plugs. Unfortunately, it is not an easy job to do on the Murano.

2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD Silver w/ Bose"Wife's"
-But I do all the work on it
K&N air filter
K&N oil fillter 1008
Denso Power Iridium spark plugs IKH16 .4mm tip"Great MPG's and Power"
Shell Rotella T-6 5w-40 oil
Front Air Intake Delete
BF Goodrich Longtrail T/A Tour tires
2010 Volkswagen CC 3.6 VR6 "Mine"
#56 Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM

Smile

Quote:
Part 3 of 4:
hi, i am new to this forum. my question is what should i do after this procedure, just wait for idle 20 secends and then shut the engine off? i tried several times, the idle speed still high?
#57 Old 09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
rac

I've had my 06 Mo for a few months now and I've got another quirk I need help diagnosing. I think these are all related:

1. When it's hot out (25C/80F+) my fuel economy goes way down. Like half of what it is when it's even a few degrees cooler. Obviously the AC impacts it, but not this much.
2. My SES light was on due to a speed sensor change, and when I got that diagnosed/reset the shop told me there was a catalytic converter warning.
3. Sometimes when fueling up, the pump stops intermittently and I have to turn the nozzle sideways or monkey with it get it to fill.

After doing some searching online, I figure I might have a bad EVAP canister or something related to that, causing fuel to evaporate extensively on hot days, causing damage to my catalytic converter, and messing with the vacuum at the fuel pump. I do somewhat recall noticing slightly strong fuel odors if the windows are down when starting the vehicle on hot days.

Thoughts?
#58 Old 09-08-2013, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I dont have an answer for the tc but i will post some of the stuff im going threw with my 07 mo at the moment relating to fuel eco.

When i first got the car, i was getting around 17-19 mpg no matter where i was driving (street or highway / high trafic or low) The first 2 tanks i put in was low grade gas. After that iv been using higher grade gas with the same mpg but the engine does seem to be a little quieter.

Last week i attempted to replace the stock stereo with my after market one. Turns out i had the wrong wire harness so i pluged the stock back in. I turned the car on to make sure the stereo was working and noticed i now had the MIL on. Took it to a auto parts store to get the code read and reset. The code was for a bad fuel temperature / level sensor. Its been over a week and the MIL has not come back on but since that happend, the fuel eco has jumped to 24+ mpg and shows i have 400+ miles to go before empty.

My fuel gauge seems to be working properly but for now im going by what my tripometer tells me. I reset tripometer A every fill up and i know the car can get 320 miles per tank.

This being said, how do we know the mpg/trip computer is accurate at all? Or what if thats whats malfunctioning and not something in the engine?
#59 Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
rac

Add: engine light came on again, getting 0420 (TW CATALYST SYS-B1)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: