Front-End Alignment Question - Nissan Murano Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
#1 Old 02-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front-End Alignment Question

I am having new tires put on my wife's 2003 Murano next week and I would like to have the front-end aligned to ensure that the new tires don't wear unevenly. My question is: Can I get the front-end aligned before the new tires are on or should I wait until the new tires are on and then get a Front-End Alignment? Does it Matter? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
- Edmund Burke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Re: Front-End Alignment Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Boxers3021
I am having new tires put on my wife's 2003 Murano next week and I would like to have the front-end aligned to ensure that the new tires don't wear unevenly. My question is: Can I get the front-end aligned before the new tires are on or should I wait until the new tires are on and then get a Front-End Alignment? Does it Matter? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane
If the old tires are evenly worn, why get an alignment at all? An alignment is only required if you are having tire wear problems (or, of course, if you have suspension work done).

I put new tires on my 04 SE last summer (all 4 of the the original GY's were evenly worn after 61K miles) and I gave zero thought to an alignment. Still no problems with the new Coopers 9K miles later.
#3 Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

An alignment, unlike an oil change or brake reline, is not time not mileage dependent. If your car runs straight and true, does not pull to one side or the other under braking, and the old tires wore evenly then the alignment does not need to be adjusted.

-njjoe

2005 SL AWD, Platinum
-OEM HID conversion & HID fogs
-OEM iPod interface
-Upgraded (non-Bose) speakers - Pioneer TS-A1702C & TS-G1643R
-Muth signal mirrors
-Valley Industries hitch and wiring harness
-Aluminum fuel tank shields
#4 Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 PM

The outside of the tires are worn more than the inside of the tires. So, I'll go back to my original question: Does it matter if I get the front-end alignment now or when the new tires are in stock? Does it matter? I'm not sure if the two are related.

- Edmund Burke
#5 Old 02-11-2010, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Boxers3021
...Does it matter if I get the front-end alignment now or when the new tires are in stock? Does it matter?
It does not matter.

2004 SL AWD - Super Black - Leather Package (Café latte) - Tow Package - Floor Mats - Splash Guards - Cargo Area Protector - Rear Bumper Protector - Front Window Tint - Dawn Color Matched Body Side Molding – Day Time Running Lights - PAC-NIS1 Aux Audio input - Pressure Pro TPMS and Anti Theft Sensor Locks - 7" Xenarc VGA Touchscreen - Compaq EVO e-PC 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 Carputer with 120GB HD, DSATX PSU / Shutdown Controller, Road Runner Front End, iGuidance 3.0 Navigation, DVD player, Internet access, XM satellite radio, Deluo GPS receiver, Linksys WiFi Antenna, TERK XM antenna - Tweeter 22uF CAP mod - Magnetbra - Custom Backup Camera - Aries Polished Stainless Steel Sidestep (nerf) Bars - Euro-Tech Nudge Bar - Homemade Lower Grill Cover - Auxiliary Projection Fog Lamps - Aluminum Fuel Tank Shields - Wade Window Deflectors - Nissan Sunroof Deflector - Scosche UBRH Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit
#6 Old 02-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Okay, great. Thank you to everyone that responded to my post. I appreciate your timely responses.

Aloha,
Shane

- Edmund Burke
#7 Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 PM

If its just the outside of the tires alignment maybe OK... could be from lots of hard cornering...

2003 SL AWD Black
#8 Old 02-11-2010, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
I figure that an alighment every couple of years isn't a bad idea in any case. Even if tires haven't worn visibly, catching any mis-alignment before it becomes visible saves tire wear.

2007 Murano
2009 BMW 328xi
1983 280ZX Turbo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: